World of Warcraft d20.

Discussing all roleplaying games
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

World of Warcraft d20.

Post by alhoon »

I have seen the rules (some friends bought it) and it seems very good as a fantasy setting to me. I used to play WoW, but I didn't find it as adictive as most people do. I liked some of the ideas (particularly the Auction house) but I didn't like the respawning monsters and that most people from the same race had the same background.

The d20 variation puts some . . . weird feats out, useful for a fighter that really makes them shine, although they seem unrealistic. If I went for a fantasy setting, I would like that.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Augustus
Paladin
Paladin

Post by Augustus »

Yeah I used to play WoW but quickly became bored. Azeroth had lots of potential as a settimg but the game turned what had promised to be a dynamic place after WC3:The Frozen Throne into a nonsensical- static world where you as a player never felt that your characters way of life was in any danger. My gripes are long-winded and I will stop.
Yeah I also read the book-setting for it. Yeah it is nice but needs a lot of changing in order to make sense in my opinion.
On the topic of MMORPG's I got into Dark Age of Camelot; good plot that makes sense, your home actually IS in danger from enemy realms and your characters could definatively be unique, unlike WoW's warrior who'd always end up w/ Arcanite Reapers and a Mortal Strike build.
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Augustus wrote: Yeah I also read the book-setting for it. Yeah it is nice but needs a lot of changing in order to make sense in my opinion.
Make sense? THat's why I proposed it as a high fantasy setting. It doesn't make much sense! :)
I mean, look at the new Fighter feats! Awesome, useful and supernatural. Like hiting someone with your 20lbs hammer and stuning him but not doing any damage at all. :lol:
PS. I would house-rule that out, game balance be damned.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!