D&D Movie II

Discussing all roleplaying games
Jack of Tears
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

re

Post by Jack of Tears »

>>Let's face it: as role-players, we gamers ain't exactly Oscar-caliber performers, ourselves.<<

Now I might argue with that. I have seen some very intense rpg moments, with incredible dialogue, intense emotion and realistic portrayals. Of course, I might be fortunate in that the majority of my players are actors.

Now, it is true that when not engaged in those intense scenes most gamers fall in and out of character as they wander off on tangents and toss inside jokes about like hot potatoes. That depends upon the atmosphere everyone is working to build.
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Post by Rotipher of the FoS »

Point taken! Okay, make that "MOST gamers ain't Oscar-caliber performers, ourselves [especially not me! ;-D]".
Reginald de Curry
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Reginald de Curry »

Rotipher wrote:Let's face it: as role-players, we gamers ain't exactly Oscar-caliber performers, ourselves. ;-)
Speaking as someone who has actually won an Oscar, I disagree.

(I display it next to Bert & Ernie.)
Pinky! Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

I think so, Brain, but didn't we give up ritual murder for Lent?
Jester of the FoS
Jester of the Dark Comedy
Jester of the Dark Comedy

Post by Jester of the FoS »

This is such a surprise. I didn't really expect to win, I don't even have a speach.

I'd like to thank the Acadamy, my agent, my dungeon master -this is for you Chee-to! We did it man, we did it! Oh, and my mother for letting me stay in the basement so long. Don't wait up ma, I'll try not to wake you when I come home. And I'd also like to give a shout-out to Tolkien and anyone else I may have forgotten. Oh, and my local gaming shop, how did I forget them, where would I be without you guys?

Thank you all so very much. I'll see you at the after party where I hope to kiss a girl for the first time. Thank you again.

I'm witch-king of the world!!!
Reginald de Curry
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Reginald de Curry »

Hey, all I need is Big Bird and I'll have a complete set.
Pinky! Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

I think so, Brain, but didn't we give up ritual murder for Lent?
Guardian of Twilight
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Guardian of Twilight »

Just watched the D&D movie (again) and caught the parts that I missed originally except for the first 15 mins again. Is there a site online that talks about their characters and has a stat and item list?
ScS of the Fraternity

Post by ScS of the Fraternity »

The characters were detailed in an old issue of Dragon magazine.

You can include them in your own campaign and kill them again and again and again.... :twisted:
Evil Reigns!!!!
Guardian of Twilight
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Guardian of Twilight »

Is there any way for me to find out what issue that was? I was kinda wanting to see what kind of sword the knight guy was using. Does anyone happen to know what it was? I tried to place it but drew a blank.
Undead Cabbage
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Location: In one of Neil Gaiman's books, or at least I wish I was.

Post by Undead Cabbage »

2nd D&D movie, ack!

Reason to fill in your pupils and ear drums with a glue gun #1
Now I might argue with that. I have seen some very intense rpg moments, with incredible dialogue, intense emotion and realistic portrayals. Of course, I might be fortunate in that the majority of my players are actors.

Now, it is true that when not engaged in those intense scenes most gamers fall in and out of character as they wander off on tangents and toss inside jokes about like hot potatoes. That depends upon the atmosphere everyone is working to build.
Drama freaks, provided they have the mentality to play D&D, make GREAT role-players. Particularily if you want some serious role-playing going on. One problem I find with a lot of veteren 'gamers' is that since they've been playing Blizzard all this time, they only want to worry about beefing up their characters. No plot, no depth to their personalities. Rogue players are particularily bad for this (however I have seen some go the totally opposite direction).

This doesn't mean that all serious gamers are like this, but my best experiences have often been found with some relatively new players who are passionate about making their character, as opposed to a couple of 'know-it-all' game freaks.