LARPing

Discussing all roleplaying games
JhudoraDarkraven
Conspirator
Conspirator

LARPing

Post by JhudoraDarkraven »

Anybody here LARP (Live Action Role Play)? For some reason I just got really curious. =) I have been playing NERO for two and a half years and am looking into other LARPs to either get into or try out. Anyone else do stuff like that?

If you're interested in NERO, the site is: www.nerolarp.com

I play at the vorpl chapter in VA: www.vorpl.com

If anyone is interested in trying it out, send me a message and I'll help ya get set up.

~Jhudora
Won't come in from the rain...
She's ocean's running down the drain...
Drinnik Shoehorn
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Drinnik Shoehorn »

I used to LARP years ago. It was so much fun. There's something fundementally satisfying about hitting someone with a latex sword.

One thing I've always wanted to do is go to the Gathering, a big event in Somerset, I think.
"Blood once flowed, a choice was made
Travel by night the smallest one bade" The Ballad of the Taverners.
The Galen Saga: 2000-2005
Charney
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Charney »

I've returned to LARPing this year. Some work budies of mine dragged me to a LARP they were going to and I got addicted once more.
De retour dans les Brumes, enfin!
Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

People I know? ;)
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
Kel-nage
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Kel-nage »

I was somewhat of an occasional LARPer. I LARPed at my local university, the UEA. Was good fun, though I had a tendancy to play mages/druids and always messed up my incantations!

However, I did get the quaterstaff, which made me a monster in combat (okay, I got pretty bad hit calls, but the defense it afforded me was definitely worth it).

Anyone ever played "Circle of Doom"? I'd win that everytime with my staff :)

I've wanted to join in at the Gathering also. Just wish I had some LARP-safe weapons.
Charney
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Charney »

Joël of the Fraternity wrote:People I know? ;)
I'm afraid not. It was kinda a last minute thing. They were naging me to come for days and I gave in the day they were leaving. It's not a LARP i'm organising, i'm simply a player this time. It's Terres de Belenos. I had fun and I can't wait to go again (I'll keep going as long as it's physically possible for me and I'll stop if my caracter permanently dies). Next time there's one (in May) I'll inform you Joël (or anyother Québecois interested to come).
De retour dans les Brumes, enfin!