Mystic Clarification (Checked the Errata and Confused)

Discussing Masque of the Red Death
Stygian Inquirer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Mystic Clarification (Checked the Errata and Confused)

Post by Stygian Inquirer »

Hey guys, I was just reading up on mystics, then I read the errata, and I have a question about how the domain bonus spell system works.

It says that at first level a mystic gains minor access to the All domain and one other "special domain" that they gain their bonus spells from (as per the response to question 4 in the errata email). What happens if that domain does not have spells of a given level to give you your bonus spell?

Example: Samuel, a fifth level mystic, at first level chose the Charm domain as his special domain from which he would receive his bonus spells from. Being a fifth level mystic he can cast 1+1 3rd level spells per day. The Charm domain has no 3rd level spells. What does he do about his bonus 3rd level domain spell?
Information seems to come my way whether by chance or by fate, but all this means, is that I have yet to find out what will kill me and why. - The Stygian Inquirer
Quinn
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Quinn »

I ran into the same issue. For my game, I've ignored the bonus spell entirely, and just added the +1 into the total number of spells the mystic can cast that level. I've also tried to add spells from other sources outside of just the core rulebook.
The Pickled Punk
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by The Pickled Punk »

Mystics are not supposed to get a bonus spell from a domain, you are supposed to add the number of spells on the tables up.
The Kosher Pickled Punk of the Carnival