7%
Wouldn't believe in them even if you saw one
4%

Total votes: 54

Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Post by Wiccy of the Fraternity »

Corrupted_Loremaster wrote:On the other hand, I've a friend who absolutly swears that one night his computer started whispering death threats at him. Apparently, even though it was not connected to the net, and the speakers weren't on, the screen suddenly went blank and a female voice started threatening him. Did everything he could think of, cntrl+alt+dlt ect. until finally he had to unplug it. It seems to have never happened again, and you should keep in mind that since I wasn't there, I really don't belive this one myself. His story, not mine.
Possibly Microsoft's new ploy to get people to upgrade to the latest edition of Windows? lol.

I am sure my pc is possessed, otherwise it wouldn't hate me so much as to blow nearly everything inside it at once :P

Remember, myself and a friend had the back of the car we were in breathing for sometime once, so such things are possible.

As for the bobbin story, I have been in some fields above the house I lived in as a kid and had a sheep skull levitate and fly at myself and a group of friends that were with me. There was at least 5 of us there at the time. Another thing that happened that same afternoon (in the same fields) is that we were climbing trees in a crab appale orchard up there and I was pushed out of the one I was climbing by some invisible force. Those fields are also the same one my friend (Lee) saw that white figure.
Swallow your soul!
Trebor Minntt
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Trebor Minntt »

Corrupted_Loremaster wrote:
Trebor Minntt wrote:I had a roll of bobbin of cotton(is that the right word?) thrown accros the room at me by a floating black mass that appeared in my friends mirror. This was the culmination of about 2 hours of extensive haunting (including shadowy axes above heads, a large kitchen knife stabbed through a bag of flour and ghostly apparitions.
:lament: I have to say I'm disinclined to believe this story. No offense, not calling you a liar, just a little to heavy for my own view of the world. Still, have to admit something like this could most definatly cause me to rethink my belief in there being an explainible and analyzable explination for everything, if I were present for it.
Fair enough, if someone told it to me I wouldn't be inclined to believe them either, but it did happen.

Another experience i had was in a different friends house. The house is freaky enough as it's owned by Ramsey Campbell (a horror author) whose son I wen to school with.

We were in the guest room (where both Stephen King and Clive Barker sleep when they stay) and we happened to be doing a ouija board and failing miseribly. We tried to put some music on a portable stereo but the plug socket didn't work and there were no avalible batteries, so we gave up. Next day i went around to my friends house (the one with the bobbin) and he played the tape from the stereo, which had recorded our conversations from the previous night in the guest room!!!!
Maximillian
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Maximillian »

Whisper wrote:Well, considering what we have seen Max me boy, I would say that all computers are inherently possessed or haunted or sentient or whatever anyway... :)
Yep, we can certainly vouch for that... :(
OI!!! Don't call me tall, you f@$%&£* midgets!!!
Scipio
Lord of the Repubic of Monte Mal

Post by Scipio »

I've had several encounters with the supernatural, once I have them all typed in a nice, easy to read format I'll post em. (I had it written out, all 8 paragraphs, and ready to post when my comp crashed.
Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

Scipio wrote:I've had several encounters with the supernatural, once I have them all typed in a nice, easy to read format I'll post em. (I had it written out, all 8 paragraphs, and ready to post when my comp crashed.
seems they, well something doesn't want you to tell :)

Jo
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Joël of the Fraternity wrote:seems they, well something doesn't want you to tell :)

Jo
Probably my cat, she's been missing the past coupe of days (readers will know my cat is dead and har ghost haunts my bedroom), so she may be on her Travels of Utmost Evil again ;)
Swallow your soul!
Scipio

Ok, let's try this again

Post by Scipio »

I've had several supernatural encounters here in Tulsa. It seems that I actually used to live in one of the most actively haunted areas in the city. I'll try to post as much of these as I can remember, if I think of any others I'll post 'em later. Most of these you guys have heard before, hopefully some will be new to you though.

The first encounter happened when I was about 7. I was staying at a friend's house when I woke up in the middle of the night with this feeling that something was upstairs in the house. I wandered quietly until I reached the landing at the top of his stairs. When I got there I saw what looked like an unusually pale girl in a nightgown walk from one of the bedrooms through the outer wall of the house. After that I was too shaken to sleep the rest of the night.

My next encounter was several years later, that same friend and I were spending the night at my house. We were staying in the game room, which was located at the top of a staircase which always seemed to be several degrees cooler than the rest of the house (we once tested that by aiming a space heater up it) and exuded an aura of incredible creepiness. It had reached about 2 in the morning, and we were watching The Devil's Advocate when suddenly we heard movement behind us. We looked back towards the doorway and the stairwell to see papers from an earlier roleplaying session move as if someone had walked by them, and one paper that was about 3 feet from me indented as if someone had stepped on it. Almost exactly when that paper indented the lights in the room turned themselves on and whatever had been approaching us fled to the stairwell. The strange thing was that the lights turning on was not an electrical fluke, or a short in the wiring. The switch had turned to the on position, and my friend and I were the only ones who were up at the time. The next morning I took a closer look at the paper that had been stepped on, and the shape of the thing's foot was fairly clearly, except that it didn't seem to be human. If it were proportioned like a human foot, then the beast would've been at least 8 feet tall, and it had distinctive claws on the toes which had punctured the paper.

Things in that house quieted down once I stopped spending time in the game room after dark, whatever was in there didn't care for the light, it would seem. However, I have reason to believe that it didn't stay with the house when we moved.

Shortly after we had moved to the new house, I had gotten up in the middle of the night to get a glass of water, when I reached the top of the stairwell I saw a dark figure staring back up at me. It was easily 8 feet tall, black, shadowy, and had red eyes. I figured "Meh, I'm half-asleep, it's not actually there" and so I continued to walk down the stairs passing through the figure. That was a mistake as I spontaneously developed bleeding scratches across my arms and chest which took a month to heal. Since then I've seen the entity in my room several times, usually standing across the room glaring at me. One of these times I also saw the girl from my friend's house sitting at the foot of my bed, as if trying to keep it at bay.
Jester of the FoS
Jester of the Dark Comedy
Jester of the Dark Comedy

Post by Jester of the FoS »

I don't believe in the real supernatural. Mostly due to conflicting cultural beliefs, if there were such things as ghosts or vampires everyone would have very simmilar, if not identical, stories about them.
And after centuries of looking you'd think we'd have found something.

But as for horror there are those fun times when you see an ambulance in front of your house and worry that your parents are dead. Or wake up one night and strongly smoke in the air of your room.
Or even just being mugged and the horrible feeling of impotence and disbelief after where you just wish it was a dream and try to wake up.
Maximillian
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Maximillian »

Scipio, have you actually tried to do something about the hauntings? I mean the tall shadowy beast, seems to be dangerous since you got hurt and all. Are you a practitioner of any religion? Perhaps your religion would have some answers...
OI!!! Don't call me tall, you f@$%&£* midgets!!!
Scipio

Post by Scipio »

Yeaah, actually the shadow thing has been leaving me alone for the most part ever since I got a celtic cross pendant for my birthday. Now it just sits at the other side of the room and glares at me.
Dr. Cornelius Scipio, Rogue monster hunter, and owner of the Inn of the Drunken Wolf.

Rumors of my death are mildly exaggerated. I got better.
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Since Celtic Crosses are old Druidic sumbols, they do hold power, pentacles will do the same, but are claimed to be more efficient with most people (but it is all down to belief really). Having a bowl of salt water at the foot of your bed is also good for keeping ill energies away. Salt water is another old Celtic/Gaelic tradition and also symbolised the sexual union between man and woman, hanging iron above the door and/or windows is also to keep nasty thing out ;)
Swallow your soul!
Scipio

Post by Scipio »

Thanks Wiccy, I'll have to try some of those techniques to see if it helps.
Dr. Cornelius Scipio, Rogue monster hunter, and owner of the Inn of the Drunken Wolf.

Dominique
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Dominique »

Also, if you're Christian, try praying in Latin. Seriously. If that thing is really old, then chances are hearing Latin will have more of an effect, because that's the language that it's been exorcised in for thousands of years. When my room was haunted, the poltergeist would stay away for much longer periods of time if I did the rosary in Latin instead of English.

Good luck.
"I'd really love a cup of tea, but it would be, like, blood or death or evil or something."
~Matteo Brazi, Borcan thief, Day 3 of Bleak House
Scipio

Post by Scipio »

Another good tip. Thank you Dominique, I'll have to try the praying in Latin thing next time that it shows up, of course I'll need to find the text of some prayers in Latin by then which shouldn't be to hard.

Whisper
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Whisper »

Hmm, I think I would probably leave the house fast and running and not come back. Something like that would scare the living hell out of me. And I am the guy who would probably chase after a vampire to get him to bite me. :)
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.
And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.