New domain on the core?

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Grigg_Deadbreaker
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Grigg_Deadbreaker »

I remember once noticing that the rivers flowing out of Sanguinia would just about perfectly match the rivers flowing into Barovia and Nova Vaasa, but since Sanguinia is hooked onto Vorostokov its very doubtful that it will be joining the Core anytime soon.

However, I could see the domain of Farrelle easily being inserted into the nook beneath Hazlan and Nova Vaasa. If I remember correctly, I believe that there was an article that once mentioned that travellers entering the Mists to the south of Hazlan could end up in Farrelle.

It could also be interesting to see what effect the accellerated technological advancement could have on the southern core. (That is if the version presented in the Book of S___ is used.)

I can't see Sourange joining to Mordent though. Sourange is pretty much a tropical swamp, and doesn't really seem suitable to place it near the cooler, temperate moors found in Mordent.
Jester of the FoS
Jester of the Dark Comedy
Jester of the Dark Comedy

Post by Jester of the FoS »

You could also just bring back Dagnal (sp?) from Feast of Goblyns. That would be pretty free to play with and it would be interesting to make a new Darklord for that puppy.
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Post by Rotipher of the FoS »

I revived Daglan IMC, under the control of the DP-restored female cleric-wight from the FoG module, but I connected it to G'Henna to create a new cluster (the Withered Lands). With both domains being so poor, desolate, underfed, and ignorant, it seemed like a rather good match. So now ol' Yagno has some hostile undead neighbors to keep his fanatic underpriests busy, and a number of the "Daglanders" in their anonymous robes are refugee mongelmen in disguise. :-)
Desmond LaRouche
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Desmond LaRouche »

Anton Misroi has willfully kept Souragne from joining the Core by sheer force of mind, even though by tally of age it 'deserves' a spot there as one of the oldest Islands of Terror. The powers stemmed from Domains of Dread, so who knows if that will be followed through with in 3rd Edition.

I believe the phrasing from Domains of Dread went along the lines of "Misroi does not like what he sees out there" when it comes to the actual Core.
The_God_Brain
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by The_God_Brain »

Wiccy of the Fraternity wrote:That's it, Markovia, I couldn't remember the other domain, lol.

bad memory, you should be punished! :twisted:

*Brain jumps out and runs off into the mists, centuries later appearing in Ravenloft as the Glod Brain...*
Not sure who this "Glod Brain" fellow is...but God Brain will investigate!
[url]http://www.soundclick.com/godbrain[/url] check out my music.