One inevitable event in the Time of Unparalleled Darkness

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Solan
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

One inevitable event in the Time of Unparalleled Darkness

Post by Solan »

The writers involved have mentioned that they had few concrete plans for the ToUD, except that many things in the Demiplane would worsen. I just wanted to contribute that one of the most cataclysmic events which could ever occur in Ravenloft would be the shattering of the Deathstone, the Boristi major artifact detailed in "Legacy of the Blood". Imagine two thousand Specters being unleashed in Borca's capital city!
DustBunny
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: One inevitable event in the Time of Unparalleled Darkness

Post by DustBunny »

Solan wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 10:09 am The writers involved have mentioned that they had few concrete plans for the ToUD, except that many things in the Demiplane would worsen. I just wanted to contribute that one of the most cataclysmic events which could ever occur in Ravenloft would be the shattering of the Deathstone, the Boristi major artifact detailed in "Legacy of the Blood". Imagine two thousand Specters being unleashed in Borca's capital city!
You may want to read through on Joels current campaign re: the Death stone. :Ivana:
His PC's are currently in Har-Akir, but they are deeply entangled with Ivana and the Death stone at this point.

Though they have had minor dealings with Ivana for quite some time, the main Borca/Ivana arc starts around session #85 iirc, but the deathstone comes to the fore in #94.
Someone sent me a postcard picture of the earth. On the back they had written, "Wish you were here."
Solan
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Re: One inevitable event in the Time of Unparalleled Darkness

Post by Solan »

DustBunny wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 11:43 pm
Solan wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 10:09 am The writers involved have mentioned that they had few concrete plans for the ToUD, except that many things in the Demiplane would worsen. I just wanted to contribute that one of the most cataclysmic events which could ever occur in Ravenloft would be the shattering of the Deathstone, the Boristi major artifact detailed in "Legacy of the Blood". Imagine two thousand Specters being unleashed in Borca's capital city!
You may want to read through on Joels current campaign re: the Death stone. :Ivana:
His PC's are currently in Har-Akir, but they are deeply entangled with Ivana and the Death stone at this point.

Though they have had minor dealings with Ivana for quite some time, the main Borca/Ivana arc starts around session #85 iirc, but the deathstone comes to the fore in #94.
Interesting! I'm planning on doing the same thing in regard to wizards learning spells, and I especially liked the good continuity and logic displayed in providing a way for the heroes to be reach Har'akir. It certainly makes sense that they could have saved a Vistanti caravan from Aderre, and more sense that the gypsies would thus be willing to conduct the heroes to the desert domain.