A VN that screams of Ravenloft

Discussing all things Ravenloft
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

A VN that screams of Ravenloft

Post by alhoon »

OK, I am not sure if I am allowed to post the name of this VN (Virtual Novel) as it could be considered promotion, so I will describe it and everyone that likes it, can google it. It is on steam.

There's a village surrounded by impenetrable Mist (they got me there at this sentence). An Ancient evil returns and starts killing people one by one (I think it is a werewolf from the images - and I think it could be one of the characters in the game, a wolf among the sheep, and I think that based solely on the images I saw on steam...). The player tries to escape (or stop the monster, not sure). People do what they have to do (i.e. probably betray each other) to survive.
The game is advertised as having a new game+ mode to give replay value. I doubt that means the identity of the werewolf is different, the steam page says you will see new perspectives. I.e. I think after finishing you may see the thoughts of the werewolf (or monster) or if it is none of the actual NPCs, perhaps their thoughts as they maneuver and backstab each other to save themselves for another day.

EDIT: This is from the page: " Among the villagers lurks the werewolf, an entity who has sworn to take revenge on everyone."
Yeap! One of the villagers trapped by impenetrable mist is a werewolf!!!!
:vonkharkov: :lucas: :renier:
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: A VN that screams of Ravenloft

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

alhoon wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:29 pm OK, I am not sure if I am allowed to post the name of this VN (Virtual Novel) as it could be considered promotion, so I will describe it and everyone that likes it, can google it. It is on steam.
Every time we discuss a product here it could be considered promotion. Go ahead and name it!
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Re: A VN that screams of Ravenloft

Post by alhoon »

It is "Raging Loop", a Visual Nover. It has:

Impenetrable mists.
Dark entities.
Sins of the Father and generational evil.
Stray too far from "the laws" once the mists roll in and it is not the evil things that kill you but ... well, the equivalent of the Dark Powers through Powers check. People that break the "laws" are either brutally killed or "transformed"/"go mad" ... I am not sure which of the two or if it is both. But the 2nd option is very much like filling your corruption path and becoming a cursed minion of the darklord.

I have not finished it yet to know whether the big entity that "places the rules" is actually the equivalent of a darklord, but there are some similiarities.

It may be a slight spoiler but:
Trying to escape the mists when the borders are closed (you all know what I mean), and you die.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!