Ravenloft Product Quotes List

Discussing all things Ravenloft
KingCorn
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Ravenloft Product Quotes List

Post by KingCorn »

I am proud to announce that I have finished the edited draft of a project I have been working on: a record of all the different quotes used in the preface of Ravenloft products, such as those from Poe or Shakespeare.

This record has many redundant entries as I have divided the record into tabs based on Canon and Fanon material, whether it was an adventure or world-building or CotN/VRG product.

I have done research to find works or authors which where not properly attributed in the proudct, though not all could be found at this time. Due to relying on pdfs/scans, I cannot gurantee the exact quality of the record of the quote. I will fix these in time.

Please feel free to take a look and give comments if you think I am missing a product/netbook/chapter.

Record: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... =537943430
Mephisto of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Ravenloft Product Quotes List

Post by Mephisto of the FoS »

It has also the QtR article quotes... that is insane!!!! :)

Is number 1753 Darwin's quote really paraphrased?

:)
"I am not omniscient, but I know a lot."
-Mephistopheles from Faust by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
KingCorn
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by KingCorn »

Mephisto of the FoS wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:32 am It has also the QtR article quotes... that is insane!!!! :)

Is number 1753 Darwin's quote really paraphrased?

:)
Thanks!
And yes, that quote is actually a paraphrasing of the contents of his treatsies on evolution. He never said that word-for-word. The spirit is their but he never directly said it.
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

WOW!!!! Thank you buddy!
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
LeMaxul
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by LeMaxul »

This list is amazing Corn! I think this thread may be worth pinning/put to top?.
KingCorn
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by KingCorn »

I noticed that the FoS-Gazetteers, unlike the canon ones and some FoS projects, does not have choice quotes for the sections. While this cannot be changed, I still thought it would be interesting to look up quotes that might be appropriate for the sections, or at least to the subject matter. For example, Sourange could have had quotes from White Zombie or from the works of William Faulkner.

I'm gonna try finding some that fit and post them at some point. Cannot be added, sure, but still a fun little project.
Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

You could suggest quotes for the SoS Report.

I have one for Blaustein, but the more the better.
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)