Ravenloft One-Shot Trilogy (Borca, Bluetspur, and Darkon) Available on DMs Guild

Discussing all roleplaying games
RavenWriter
Conspirator
Conspirator

Ravenloft One-Shot Trilogy (Borca, Bluetspur, and Darkon) Available on DMs Guild

Post by RavenWriter »

Hello everyone! First time posting here. I just released the third installment of my Ravenloft series of one-shots on DMsGuild and they are now all available in a bundle for just $5. If you enjoy Ravenloft and horror adventures, please check them out!

A brief summary of each:

Black Winged Murder (Gothic Mystery Adventure for 3rd Level Characters) Set in Borca, the party is tasked to locate a missing girl in the town of Sturben. But they must beware, for the one behind her disappearance is monstrous in more ways than one.

The Decayed King (Dark Fantasy Horror Adventure for 11th Level Characters) Set in Darkon, the characters must find a way out of the mists of Ravenloft before they are consumed by the rolling mists that are closing in on them..

The Echoes of Mount Makab (Cosmic Horror Adventure for 5th Level Characters) Set in Bluetspur, the party is transported by the mists within a giant mountain in which they find a strange, destroyed alien facility. But perhaps more concerning, why does it seem so familiar?

https://www.dmsguild.com/product/405310 ... w_as_pub=1

Thank you for your consideration, and keep an eye out for even more adventures within Ravenloft to come!
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Re: Ravenloft One-Shot Trilogy (Borca, Bluetspur, and Darkon) Available on DMs Guild

Post by alhoon »

Which version of Ravenloft are those for, if I may ask?
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Speedwagon
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Ravenloft One-Shot Trilogy (Borca, Bluetspur, and Darkon) Available on DMs Guild

Post by Speedwagon »

alhoon wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 5:43 pm Which version of Ravenloft are those for, if I may ask?
I actually bought and ran these adventures, alhoon, so I can help answer that. The Borca one is predominantly 5e Borca but the references to passionflesh fruit and the two inns of Sturben (the Plum Truffle and the Green Mirror) from Gazetteer 4, as well as the use of Vladimir Nobriskov (who was in CotN: Werebeasts and referenced in Van Richten's Guide to Ravenloft write-up of Borca) show that RavenWriter uses sources from both continuities (the 2e/3e one and the 5e one). I honestly found Black-Winged Murder to be more fun to run for my party than The Scarlet Prince adventure in CotN: Werebeasts, if only because my party were Outlanders who just finished House of Lament and the segway from one to the other was really smooth. The Darkon one is 5e Darkon, when it's being encroached upon by the Mists. I plan to maybe use parts of that for when my PCs are at a much higher level and enter Darkon themselves.
Speedwagon
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Speedwagon »

RavenWriter wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:10 pm Hello everyone! First time posting here. I just released the third installment of my Ravenloft series of one-shots on DMsGuild and they are now all available in a bundle for just $5. If you enjoy Ravenloft and horror adventures, please check them out!

A brief summary of each:

Black Winged Murder (Gothic Mystery Adventure for 3rd Level Characters) Set in Borca, the party is tasked to locate a missing girl in the town of Sturben. But they must beware, for the one behind her disappearance is monstrous in more ways than one.

The Decayed King (Dark Fantasy Horror Adventure for 11th Level Characters) Set in Darkon, the characters must find a way out of the mists of Ravenloft before they are consumed by the rolling mists that are closing in on them..

The Echoes of Mount Makab (Cosmic Horror Adventure for 5th Level Characters) Set in Bluetspur, the party is transported by the mists within a giant mountain in which they find a strange, destroyed alien facility. But perhaps more concerning, why does it seem so familiar?

https://www.dmsguild.com/product/405310 ... w_as_pub=1

Thank you for your consideration, and keep an eye out for even more adventures within Ravenloft to come!
I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for more adventures within Ravenloft to come! Regardless of if it's 5e or 2e/3e, I really am starved for more pre-written adventure content, as it not only makes things much easier on me as a DM when I'm too busy to cobble stuff together due to irl obligations, but it also gives so many good ideas on things to use in my own homebrew games and the setting is rich with content. I've bought all of these and I'll look forward to getting more from you!
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

From what you said, Speedwagon, the Borca and Bluetspur adventures can be played in the 3E version (Core and all). Bluetspur for sure since it was an island of terror anyway. Borca... probably as long as the Darklords are not mentioned. A clockwork menace fits more a mad gnome darklord IMO than a Ivan.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
My DMGuild work!
IanFordam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by IanFordam »

alhoon wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 2:34 am From what you said, Speedwagon, the Borca and Bluetspur adventures can be played in the 3E version (Core and all). Bluetspur for sure since it was an island of terror anyway. Borca... probably as long as the Darklords are not mentioned. A clockwork menace fits more a mad gnome darklord IMO than a Ivan.
As you say, Bluetspur is an island of terror anyway, so "Echoes" fits the 2e/3e and 5e continuities equally well. Furthermore, I saw nothing in "Black Winged Murder" which prevents it from use with 2e/3e Borca. The ticking clock mechanism in "The Decaying King" uses the setup for 5e Darkon, but for a 2e/3e adventure I think it could be readily interpreted as taking place in its own pocket domain.

In short, because these are all one-shot adventures, they are deliberately small enough in scope to be useful wherever you might decide to fit them in.
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Good.
My DMGuild work!