Discussing all things Ravenloft
Mephisto of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: What I would like for QtR#30

Post by Mephisto of the FoS »

Baron Von Stanton wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:04 pm
Joël of the FoS wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:34 am
Mephisto of the FoS wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 3:52 am BTW the "Fathers of the Fraternity" are discussing in which direction the Fraternity's "research" should be, so stay tuned.
We are :-? by the number 30, examining all its possibilities ... and the task being complex, a confusion spell was cast on us ...

As soon as the fight end, we'll let you know of the results.
"Madness"?
Close but no (it was a suggestion)
"I am not omniscient, but I know a lot."
-Mephistopheles from Faust by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Baron Von Stanton
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Baron Von Stanton »

Mephisto of the FoS wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 11:24 pm
Baron Von Stanton wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:04 pm "Madness"?
Close but no (it was a suggestion) :?:
"Curses!"
"That was the theme for #19"
Pizza
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Pizza »

Was it whales and/or sea monsters?
KingCorn
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by KingCorn »

Pizza wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 8:56 pm Was it whales and/or sea monsters?
If so, a few ideas for that could be:
  • Van Richten's Guide to Sea Monsters (finally)
  • A sequel to the Conch Shell of Sorrows
  • Lamordian Submarine
  • Details on the Poison Sea
Mephisto of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Mephisto of the FoS wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 11:47 pm
KingCorn wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 10:01 pm Lamordian Submarine
It rhymes...
KingCorn
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by KingCorn »

Just for the heck of it, heres some ideas I had for articles for the themes of the Seven Deadly Sins.

Greed:
  • Mephisto's Arkandale Gazetteer
  • Return of Lucre (from CotN: Created)
  • In-depth look at the Falkovnian Trade Embassies + associates (ie: War profiteers)
  • Tie-in article about Lamordian Krupp corporation expy
  • Gothic Earth article on the Merchant of Death: Basil Zaharoff
  • In-depth look at the Boristi Trade company
  • Path of Corruption: The Dragon
  • The Many Mercanaries of Malacchio: A list of the many bad guys under the Dukkar's command
  • Adaptation of Dragonheist to Ravenloft (centering around lost Falkovnian Gold/Silver in reference to Nazi Gold/Wolfenstein)
  • The Black Vault item descriptions everyone did
Lust:
  • The Gnetlemen Caller: Backstory ideas + Children
  • Elsepeth: Expand on this forgotten fiend
  • Story/Adventure centered around Daniel Foxgrove and his dead wife Alice Weathermay
  • A list of the many failed romances of Dominic D'Honare
  • History of the reincarnations of Tatyana and her many bad ends
  • Beneath the Black Willow: An adventure in Sourange involving the tree of the same name
Gluttony:
  • Yet more Scenes from a Starving Land (Mephisto does best!)
  • Ecology of the Ghoul: Origins, substrains
  • A cult of gluttonous (ie: more cannibalistic) Broken Ones on Markovia, from some former G'hennans.
  • Some story about the excess of Dementliue
  • In-depth look at Morfenzi, the butcher's town of Falkovnia (ie: possible cults, whats up with the animal statues, ect)
  • Cult of Beelzebub: Interpretation of Beelzebub as the lord of Gluttony like many interpret it to be (rather than the DnD version)
Wrath:
  • A trapped Battleloth (lesser yugoloth with an alternate weaponform)
  • Analysis of Bane-Weapons: Possible explanation of the nature of the magic, moral concerns of creating/using them (ie: Undead Bane vs Elf Bane vs. Barovian Bane), in-mist examples (ie: Elf/human bane weapons in Sithicus, Barovian Bane Weapons, Talon Blooded Weapons)
  • Tie into Bane-Weapon (Weapon Corruption): Exploration of how weapons can become cursed/possessed by being tied to violence and evil, and special abilities that might result.
  • Descriptions of the Lamordian made warmachines of Falkovnia
  • Details about the Wandering Barbazu (ie: the unnamed Bearded Devil that servers the now FoS-bound amnizu)
  • A story written from the POV of Ivana Boristi, describing her growing hatred of her mother and people in general, culminating in her planning her mother's murder
  • Animal Fighting in the Mists: Description of the many cruel games made of the pain of animals or men (ie: Cockfighting, The Dog Fights of Invidia, the Horsefights of Libbe, ect)
Pride:
  • Lamordian Plan of Enlighenment: Details on the Syndicate of the Enlightened Citizens, as well as Lamordias plans for expansion (what territory they want, weird grudges against Dementliue, ect)
  • Ecology of the Shadow Unicorn + history of Addar and the Nightmare which corrupted him
  • A day in the unlife of Wilfred Godefrey: Just a story describing Godefrey going about his day (ie: abusing ghosts, controlling Daniel Foxgrove, musing on his fall and lack of legacy, and ending with his nightly mauling)
  • Poison Sea Gazetteer: Expansion of domain and Dragon darklord form CotN: Darklords
Envy:
  • Comedic story about the lesser known/used darklords who complaining about all their unseen potential, as well as about people overusing Strahd/Alazin
  • The Fall of Beltis: Descrption of just what caused Valettan loggers to destory the town
Sloth: Got lazy :mrgreen:
Mephisto of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

KingCorn wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:17 pm Mephisto's Arkandale Gazetteer
Oh... I 've been thinking of doing a writeup based on what I posted on Verbrek in this forum (lets see)...
KingCorn wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:17 pm The Black Vault item descriptions everyone did
Yes Jeremy16's idea bore fruit I believe we could include these in the new issue.
KingCorn wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:17 pm The Gentlemen Caller: Backstory ideas + Children
This is something I ve been planning to do but I don't think I will have something ready for this issue.
KingCorn wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:17 pm Yet more Scenes from a Starving Land (Mephisto does best!)
Oh a secret admirer... :oops: :mrgreen:
Thank you for your kind words, I am planing to do an article on the Provider heresy.

I had a player who had created a PC in the 90's that was a Zhakata the Provider heretic. In the adventure he was along with the other PCs in Nova Vaasa and was plagued by terrible visions of ghastly murders. He was actually looking through Malken's eyes when he was about to murder a woman, similar to the movie Eyes of Laura Mars (1978).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_-4L-mssnQ
KingCorn wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:17 pm A cult of gluttonous (ie: more cannibalistic) Broken Ones on Markovia, from some former G'hennans.
Nice idea.
KingCorn wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:17 pm Descriptions of the Lamordian made warmachines of Falkovnia
I am making something similar inventions of the Ministry of Science.
KingCorn wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:17 pm Ecology of the Shadow Unicorn + history of Addar and the Nightmare which corrupted him
The Kargatane The Book of Sacrifices has his backstory.
KingCorn wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:17 pm A day in the unlife of Wilfred Godefrey: Just a story describing Godefrey going about his day (ie: abusing ghosts, controlling Daniel Foxgrove, musing on his fall and lack of legacy, and ending with his nightly mauling)
The Briar at the Window story from the Tales of Ravenloft short story anthology has something similar to this.
KingCorn wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:17 pm Sloth: Got lazy :mrgreen:
Lord Sloth (and his magic mirrors) :soth: :mrgreen:

Pizza
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Pizza »

KingCorn wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:17 pm Sloth: Got lazy :mrgreen:
Ol’ Slowy - Carnivorous dire sloth rumored to live in a swampy area

Some sort of carnivorous plant/fungus that causes sleepiness with accompanying willpower/constitution save or something?

A chair that causes you to sleep if you sit in it

A side mission wherein the PCs are hired by a woman who has become lazy and fears she’ll lose her suitor over it. Alternately, the PCs are hired as part of a plot to make this woman last by her rival. Maybe some sort of cursed piercing/ring worn in an area usually covered by clothing is the cause of it to make it take a little time to solve.
jules
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by jules »

How about a kraken weed?(like from xanth?) or other xanthian creatures/plants?