Officiality of Web enhancement and errata

Discussing all roleplaying games
Gransoley
Conspirator
Conspirator

Officiality of Web enhancement and errata

Post by Gransoley »

On the fraternity websites, under DM Resources, there are several web erratas and enhancements for 3e books pubblished by sword and sorcery.
Are they official by any means or are they made by random people?
Normally i would've been inclined to say that they aren't since the FAQs seems to imply so but at the end of the PDFs the text feels ambiguous.
For reference:

This document is a web enhancement of Van Richten’s Arsenal Volume I, a D20 Ravenloft book released by Sword & Sorcery Studios.
DUNGEONS & DRAGONS, D&D, and RAVENLOFT, are trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and are
used by Arthaus under license.
For more information on D20 Ravenloft or Van Richten’s Arsenal Volume I, visit www.swordsorcery.com or www.kargatane.com

Kind regards,
Luca
Joël of the FoS

Re: Officiality of Web enhancement and errata

Post by Joël of the FoS »

This WE was released by Sword and Sorcery, who was publishing Ravenloft in the 3e era. It was written by the authors of VRA.

So yes, you can consider all those files under this section of the site as officials.

Now, for this section: you have an "errata" marking (self explanatory, it's official) and the other errors spotted by fans where no official errata was ever proposed.

Joël
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)