History of Gothic Earth

Discussing Masque of the Red Death
William Blackmoor
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by William Blackmoor »

"God created whisky for that the Irish do not rule the world" , or something like that isn't it? So in a sense Atlantis sank beneath the waves of whisky?
:wink:
Charney
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Charney »

Wiccy of the Fraternity wrote:

Marauder, the word Briton predates the other countries in Britain, so to be a Briton is to be Welsh ;)
Don't forget the Britons who fled Great Britain to settle in Little Britain in France!

My favourite piece of archeology at the moment is that they have found proof that Troy may have been in Britain, not Turkey, lol (and that the Trojan Horse was in fact a battering ram, go figure). Next thing you know, Atlantis will have teleported several thousand year ago, having not sank, but jumped elsewhere, lol.
Could you tell me more about this? I'd die to see proofs of how the Greeks would have sailed thousands of kilometer crossing the whole mediteranean, going around Spain, the France to invade a desert city which would be in Britain ;)
De retour dans les Brumes, enfin!
Malus Black
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Malus Black »

On a slightly related note, there's another historical error in that section, as Arthur is said to have fought Viking invaders in the 6th century, when the first known invasion occured at Lindisfarne in 793.
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream

-Edgar Allan Poe
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Post by Wiccy of the Fraternity »

William Blackmoor wrote:"God created whisky for that the Irish do not rule the world" , or something like that isn't it? So in a sense Atlantis sank beneath the waves of whisky?
:wink:
More likely a great wave of Stout than whiskey ;) heheheh.
Charney wrote:Don't forget the Britons who fled Great Britain to settle in Little Britain in France!
Yep, Little Britain, known today as Britanny :) Also, the native language to the Britons there is still remarkably similar to Welsh, showing that the languages came form the same form of Celtic.
Could you tell me more about this? I'd die to see proofs of how the Greeks would have sailed thousands of kilometer crossing the whole mediteranean, going around Spain, the France to invade a desert city which would be in Britain ;)
I'll have to hunt for the site, I got the link fomr someone else and never bookmarked it. I did have it in my Live Journal but that post vanished when they had to rebuild everything a couple of weeks ago (a few other things I wanted to keep in posts vanished at the same time).
On a slightly related note, there's another historical error in that section, as Arthur is said to have fought Viking invaders in the 6th century, when the first known invasion occured at Lindisfarne in 793.
Just change the work Vikings to Saxons, easily done. There are a number of editorial mistakes like this throughout the book.
Swallow your soul!