What gets under your skin?

Discussing all things Ravenloft
daffy72
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Drucilla!

Post by daffy72 »

Drucilla gets under your skin if given half a chance. Why do you think the frat is always hiding all the knives?

She makes little rag doll gollems out of the pieces she cuts off of her victims.
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Re: Drucilla!

Post by Wiccy of the Fraternity »

daffy72 wrote:Drucilla gets under your skin if given half a chance. Why do you think the frat is always hiding all the knives?

She makes little rag doll gollems out of the pieces she cuts off of her victims.
Not just the knives, we have to keep the forks, spoons... well everything away from her these days. Well, at least if she runs out of paper to make her dollie chains, or runs out of victims, or dolls to make, mail to shread, etc.

OH! And above all else, keep her out of arms reach at all times, she decided to shave me last wekk, it will take months for my head to be sewn back on properly. Currently it is held on with ductape :(
Swallow your soul!
The_God_Brain
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by The_God_Brain »

BlackBoxGamer wrote:I think you can do something like that now, only with shuriken (I can't remember off-hand and am not near my books at the moment to check). I was just discussing this with a friend of mine last night who is playing an artificer in an Eberron campaign (hence he has been studying twinky magic items). He had the thought of making a dozen or so returning shocking burst (or flaming burst or icy burst) shuriken and handing them off to a character that was twinked out for throwing shuriken who was also skilled at poison use...

BBG
Actually, no you can't. Under 2nd edition rules, ranged weapons had a rate of fire measure that allowed you to make a certain number of attacks with them regardless of your level. The dart had a ROF of 4, thrown daggers had 3. If you specialized in the weapon, the ROF increased by 1 per round. This meant that a first level fighter specialized in darts with a high strength and high dexterity could do upwards of 15 to 20 points of damage to a single target. Since there was no penalty for using ranged in melee in those days, this made the character a death chucking machine.

In 3rd edition, it is possible to make a throwing master type character, but the limitations require that the character slowly gain his or her abilities, which keeps them on a level with other members of the party. Likewise, to specialize in ranged combat with throwing weapons you must sacrifice melee fighting capabilities, which is fair. So, the loophole has been fully sealed, in my opinion.
[url]http://www.soundclick.com/godbrain[/url] check out my music.