Circle of Darkness Map clarifications

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Mephisto of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Circle of Darkness Map clarifications

Post by Mephisto of the FoS »

Well I have been confused with the maps in Circle of Darkness first there is no mention of the village of Keshka in the domain map. Then there is this...

"Although the Temple of Zhakata dominates the temple hill, it is actually a complex of buildings that consists of several institutions. Each building, and the temple in particular, is a maze of hallways and rooms. The Endless Corridors floorplan morphs provided on the color mapsheet can be used to randomly generate the interior of any building in the complex (or, for that matter, any building in Zhukar.)"

Well this is a bit of a bad detailing in the part of the adventure designers, as I see it the whole adventure is based a lot in randomization (maps, encounters etc) with some basic guidelines for he adventure. Also within Zhukar there are the Keyed Encounter Areas which are also random.

Avenue of the False Gods, Public Plazas, City of Bridges, The Courts, Public Works, Hospitals/Orphanages, The Marketplaces, Academies, Parks, Brewery, Barracks, Stockyards, Private Residences, Stables Warehouses, Guesting Houses

It is a pity for a good adventure such as this to have so many things random.
Attachments
Circle of Darkness maps.jpg
Circle of Darkness maps.jpg (204.81 KiB) Viewed 4822 times
"I am not omniscient, but I know a lot."
-Mephistopheles from Faust by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe