Vermillion (Need Help to Look Over)

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Manofevil
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Vermillion (Need Help to Look Over)

Post by Manofevil »

I like the idea that you didn't make clear that the twins could be two girls, two boys, a boy and a girl, fraternal or identical. That would be a good adventure hook. Sabrina, Astrid, and Illarian all learn about Astrid's children, but they only know that she had twins. There are five sets of twins. Which ones are the right ones?
Do us a favor Luv, Stick yer 'ead in a bucket a kick it!

So, gentlemen, that's how it is. Until Grissome.... resurfaces, I'm the acting president, and I say starting with this... anniversary festival, we run this city into the ground! :D
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Rock of the Fraternity »

Ambiguity can be a powerful tool in our arsenal. :wink:
yaoihuntressearth
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by yaoihuntressearth »

I was talking with someone on Discord and it got me thinking about whether I should let Vermillion be an Island of Terror or let it be part of a cluster. If it was a cluster, I'd go with Shadowborn as long as it's a few domains away from Nidala. What do you think?
Baron Von Stanton
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Baron Von Stanton »

Rock of the Fraternity wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:28 am I do like the concept!

Suggested Dread Possibility: False Friend
Maybe the 'Friend' behind the book is not the Dark Powers. Perhaps the book could be the phylactery of a powerful fiend. While it remains inside of Vermillion, it is somehow unable to reconstitute its body, but it can still use its powers to charm and to scry.
While it initially instructed Sabrina in the use of the mirrors and the method of 'Cleansing', it is growing increasingly frustrated with catering to her selfishness, especially as she is wholly disinterested with reciprocating.
The fiend initially wanted to create a Faustian pact with Sabrina, except it found it could not guide her to one; selfish and shallow as she is, her will is too strong, her egomaniacal focus too absolute. Lately, it has been trying to steer Sabrina to 'welcome' people that are either more heroic or more fiendish; the former in hopes they will kill the Darklady, the latter in hopes of finding someone to contract with. Either heroes or villains might finally take the book out of Vermillion, where the fiend theorizes it might at last reconstitute its body and become free to inflict its own reign of terror on the Demiplane.
Fiends being as they are, this one's first target would almost certainly be Sabrina Whitestag and the domain of Vermillion.
If the Friend's book is indeed a fiend's phylactery, I wonder if the fiend has considered transpossessing or commandeering Illarian's vegetative body?
yaoihuntressearth
Conspirator
Conspirator

Baron Von Stanton wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 9:39 pm
If the Friend's book is indeed a fiend's phylactery, I wonder if the fiend has considered transpossessing or commandeering Illarian's vegetative body?
A sneaky idea, but he'd have to play his cards right to avoid exposing himself as a fake.

Anyway, here's a WIP drawing of Sabrina by Divid Libro.
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Looking good! Divid Libro is a skilled artist.
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

yaoihuntressearth wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 6:23 pm I was talking with someone on Discord and it got me thinking about whether I should let Vermillion be an Island of Terror or let it be part of a cluster. If it was a cluster, I'd go with Shadowborn as long as it's a few domains away from Nidala. What do you think?
I'd recommend creating another fresh domain to go with it. Having the Book and Ebonbane in one Cluster might seem a bit much.
yaoihuntressearth
Conspirator
Conspirator

Rock of the Fraternity wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 3:08 am
yaoihuntressearth wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 6:23 pm I was talking with someone on Discord and it got me thinking about whether I should let Vermillion be an Island of Terror or let it be part of a cluster. If it was a cluster, I'd go with Shadowborn as long as it's a few domains away from Nidala. What do you think?
I'd recommend creating another fresh domain to go with it. Having the Book and Ebonbane in one Cluster might seem a bit much.
Ok, thanks for the input.