Old Gods of Appalachia Kickstarter / podcast

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Jonathan Winters
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Old Gods of Appalachia Kickstarter / podcast

Post by Jonathan Winters »

Hey everyone!

Mods, please feel free to move this if you feel like it does not belong here. I hesitated between here and MotRD, but, really, this will get more views here. Ha! ha! ha! And it could work with RL.

We are in the last three days of this KS:

Old Gods of Appalachia.

It seems kinda RL (with a dash of Cthulluh). I have just started listening to the podcast and I'm really enjoying it!

True story / long story short, I was driving at night, listening to it in a rural / woodland area the other day, and I swear at one point I was really, really creepd out and semi-scared all alone in my car. LOL.

So give it a look y'all.

Have a great day.

Patrick
Mysteries of Darkon (AKA Miranda Cornelius' Journal)
On hiatus while visiting Ptolus, City by the Spire, new RL-inspired campaign: Madness Rising!
www.bullonir.wikidot.com
tomokaicho
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Old Gods of Appalachia Kickstarter / podcast

Post by tomokaicho »

I didn't realize that Monte Cook was still around and publishing games. How Ravenloft-y is this?
TwiceBorn Reborn
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by TwiceBorn Reborn »

tomokaicho wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 1:50 am I didn't realize that Monte Cook was still around and publishing games. How Ravenloft-y is this?
You can download a free preview PDF from the Kickstarter page and judge for yourself.
Jonathan Winters
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

I assume this will probably be pretty Ravenloft-y / horaire/ some Cthulluh.

It sounds pretty good.

🙂
On hiatus while visiting Ptolus, City by the Spire, new RL-inspired campaign: Madness Rising!
www.bullonir.wikidot.com
brothersale
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by brothersale »

Well its based on the audio drama podcast (https://www.oldgodsofappalachia.com/) which is chuthluesque and interesting. Go have a listen to the episodes as to the feel of the settin, but be quick as the kickstarter is ending soon.

Yep Monte Cook games is still around (https://www.montecookgames.com/), they recently did another release of Poltus for 5e and have a few other lines (Numenera and cypher system) on the go.

On a related note, i wonder is it possible to get a board page or pinned thread set up for any other kickstarters that may be interesting to Ravenloft players? Mods whats your opinions?
All great movements require a few martyrs... -Moebius (soulreaver 2)
Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

Given these are all individual temporary events, I'd prefer if all of them had their own thread. But do not hesitate to post these, if they are useful for RL or MotRD.

That Old Gods thing sounds hot as hell. Contributed for a PDF.
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
Jonathan Winters
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Hi Joël!

Oh, I went all in. LOL.

I like PDFs but rarely read from them (I have a phone and laptop, no Ipad or others). I use PDFs while working on a campaign, when I want something specific I have to look up.

But, yeah, really curious about this one!

Take care buddy!

PP
www.bullonir.wikidot.com