A light in the belfry - Audio CD

Discussing all things Ravenloft
TwiceBorn
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity
Location: Calgary, Canada... but currently in Gran March, Greyhawk

Post by TwiceBorn »

Joël of the Fraternity wrote:If you have the box CD, it's fairly easy to convert them to mp3 and edit the beeps at the end of the tracks. There are many freewares or trialwares you can use for that simple use.

Joël
Welcome back, Joel, and thanks for the tip. I must confess that in technological terms, I'm still somewhat primitive... but I'm sure I'll one day be able to put your suggestion into practice! :)
-- TwiceBorn
ThomasVerschueren
Conspirator
Conspirator

Re: A light in the belfry - Audio CD

Post by ThomasVerschueren »

Hi all, a few years (real time) after finishing our longest running D&D campaign ever (in Ravenloft by the way), we're gonna try and see if we can make it just as good 2nd time around. I have a campaign worked out, and would like to run A Light in the Belfrey. I have the box & CD, but I'm not planning on running it using the CD. Any chance anyone could mail me or point me to the CD transcript that used to be available on the Kargatane website?

Thanks a lot!
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Unfortunately, even archive.org's snapshot of the Kargatane website doesn't seem to have that file. :( You'd have to hope that some kind soul has it on their hard-drive still. Or for some even kinder soul to re-transcribe them. Sadly, I don't have the file, and I don't have the time to transcribe it right now. Sorry. Anyone else?
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
LordOfTheDarkLands
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by LordOfTheDarkLands »

Hi,
not sure if anybody has an answer yet to this question, i've noted that others have asked it. I have A Light In The Belfry, but my CD is damaged and I can't find a replacement anywhere. Obviously I'm not looking to get anybody into trouble or go against Fraternity rules, but as I've already paid for the box set, any idea where I can find an mp3?
Cheers.
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Sadly, there's still no legal source for an mp3. Drivethrurpg hasn't yet added this adventure, and if they ever do, who knows if they'll include the mp3's. Your best best is to find a used copy on ebay. Our rules prohibit suggesting anything less legal than that.
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
LordOfTheDarkLands
Conspirator
Conspirator

Aw, heck. this is depressing. Used copies on ebay or amazon are ridiculously expensive.
Jester of the FoS
Jester of the Dark Comedy
Jester of the Dark Comedy

Post by Jester of the FoS »

At they're rate they're adding content, it should be available on DnDClassics.com eventually.
LordOfTheDarkLands
Conspirator
Conspirator

Thankfully I've managed to find a CD online, but not at the absurd price for the whole boxset which is over £200 on ebay. DnD classics may eventually release it, but i think they really should have done so by now. Oh, well. Good to finally have a replacement.
greydragonlynx
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by greydragonlynx »

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of this CD in MP3 format? I loved it.and would love to be able to listen to it again, but offline.