Dice roller

Online roleplaying at the Café
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Dice roller

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Hi Everyone in the Online Play area...

In case you missed the announcement in the General Forum, I've had to upgrade the forum to the latest version of phpbb, which unfortunately broke our dice rolling feature. I'm truly sorry about that.

There is a new dice roller now, which currently can only be accessed via the "Dice rolls" tab under the reply box. I haven't yet figured out how to "inline" the rolls like we used to do with the [dice] bbcode. It should be doable with the [roll] bbcode now, but it doesn't seem to work. I'll update you once that's working, but for now, this will have to suffice.
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Dice roller

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

OK, we should be able to inline dice rolls now. There are a few more steps than there used to be, but sadly that's the way it has to be.
Step 1: look below the post for the Dice rolls tab
dice1.jpg
dice1.jpg (54.04 KiB) Viewed 16988 times
Step 2: put the die roll you want in the box in XdY+Z notation and hit "Roll the dice", you can hit submit and the die roll will be at the end of the post, like this:
dice2.jpg
dice2.jpg (27.74 KiB) Viewed 16988 times
Step 3: or, if you want to put it inline, click the green "inline" button
dice3.jpg
dice3.jpg (48.65 KiB) Viewed 16988 times
Step 4: After hitting inline, you'll see the bbcode for the roll appear in your post. Move it to where you want and submit.
dice4.jpg
dice4.jpg (18.64 KiB) Viewed 16988 times
So you can do stuff like this:

I roll to hit:
d20+12
and do this much damage:
4d6
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."