Ravenloft: Misthunters

Discussing all things Ravenloft
De Montour
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Ravenloft: Misthunters

Post by De Montour »

This is the title of a new D&D Adventurers League campaign that appeared on my FB feed this morning. It may be old news to some of you but there are hints that the storyline maybe of interest to players of earlier editions. Anyone got the lowdown on this?

Cheers
Jester of the FoS
Jester of the Dark Comedy
Jester of the Dark Comedy

Re: Ravenloft: Misthunters

Post by Jester of the FoS »

You're friends/ agents of Alanik Ray who get draw into an investigation to find a missing person, which drives the first 2-3 adventures. And from there the story expands.
I only managed to play the first four, and they were not bad. Not too horrible, but also not very horrifying. Very much a tour of the Mists where you stop at each domain and see it's one cool thing then move on.

The first one (after the multi-group introduction) is The Final Curtain and is particularly loosely connected to the metaplot, but has a neat twist at the end. It could be adapted fairly nicely into a homegame session, with a few minor tweaks.
De Montour
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by De Montour »

Thanks. Nothing to get terribly excited about then. :cry:
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Seems they are a bit behind the schedule posted here:
https://yawningportal.dnd.wizards.com/b ... -schedule/

only the first 8 have been released on dmsguild.com

ETA: thanks for the reminder, I was meaning to check them out once they released and then forgot about them.
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Speedwagon
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Speedwagon »

I've bought all of the Misthunters stuff on DM's Guild, and so far, I'm pretty happy with it. The Falkovnia module, "Back to the Front", was pretty nice as it gave us Morfenzi, the Primal Serum and our Mengele expy, that and I am happy to run adventures in Falkovnia in general (I bought "Death Unchained" and "Death Ascendant" for that reason). I really enjoyed the 2 Har'Akir and I'Cath modules that were released, and I would've liked if we didn't have 2 Barovia based modules for RMH 5 and 6 (make room for Kalakeri and Hazlan pls). Idk where the next few modules will go or how they'll play out, but I hope that the commercial success of the modules is enough to have more Ravenloft support not only in Adventurer's League but also on DM's Guild in general, the way that Eberron and certain Forgotten Realms modules/storylines still see support on those platforms (the "Dreams of the Red Wizards" "Wild Beyond the Witchlight" and Lord of Blades stuff for Eberron would be the ideal for me). Here's to hoping!