Converting the campaign books to Ravenloft

Discussing all things Ravenloft
MoniBinis
Conspirator
Conspirator

Converting the campaign books to Ravenloft

Post by MoniBinis »

Just a fun little thought experiment I had the other day. How would you run/convert the existing D&D 5e campaigns to Ravenloft? This could mean changing things to setting them in an existing or even a brand new domain. Off the top of my head:

Out of the Abyss: Could easily be moved to the Shadow Rift/under Tepest. Captives of the Shadow Elves, instead of drow, the invading demons could easily be pieces of Gwyndion or other beings imprisoned with it.

Storm King's Thunder: One of the options in the new Falkovnia is replacing the zombies with giants. Storm King's Thunder could work in Falkovnia though the end part might need a little changing. Can easily make the giants terrifying, focusing on stone and hill.

Princes of the Apocalypse: The elemental princes could be tied into the keys keeping Ebonbane a prisoner or converted over to Ravenloft elementals.

Descent into Avernus: Haven't read this book yet but I imagine it could be converted into the magic post-apocalypse wasteland that is Hazlan. Riding across the wasteland, fleeing from purple worms while trying to stop the Red Wizard's latest scheme.

Rime of the Frostmaiden: Blanking on the domain but there is an entire snowy domain that this could maybe be converted over too.
Gautsu
Conspirator
Conspirator

Re: Converting the campaign books to Ravenloft

Post by Gautsu »

Vorostokov maybe for Rime.
HyperionSol
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by HyperionSol »

If I had to plan for such a thing, I would say I would place Ghosts of Saltmarsh in Mordent with Mordentshire taking Saltmarsh's place.

My first instinct is placing Princes of the Apocalypse in Forlorn. It's large enough and has open space. With how desperate the druids get, it is easy for many to break off and form the elemental cults and recruit from neighboring lands. The Elemental Evils would definitely be from the Dread Elemental planes outlined in QTR though.
TwiceBorn Reborn
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by TwiceBorn Reborn »

I might even go with Souragne for Ghosts of Saltmarsh instead of Mordent.