SPAM POSTS - Castle Ravenloft is inspired in a castle ...

Discussing all things Ravenloft
YelniPeto

SPAM POSTS - Castle Ravenloft is inspired in a castle ...

Post by YelniPeto »

Well, I'm about to start my final project for the graduation about architecture in games and needed help with this:

I mean, it's gothic architecture, but is there any particular castle that Ravenloft is inspired on? I've been lookinng for pictures of Bran's Castle because Dracula and stuff, but it doesn't seem right.

Is Ravenloft inspired in one castle or a specific country architecture? Is this information written in any of the Ravenloft books?
Last edited by Joël of the FoS on Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:29 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: removed spam link
Mephisto of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Castle Ravenloft is inspired in a castle from the real w

Post by Mephisto of the FoS »

YelniPeto wrote:Well, I'm about to start my final project for the graduation about architecture in games and needed help with this:

I mean, it's gothic architecture, but is there any particular castle that Ravenloft is inspired on? I've been lookinng for pictures of Bran's Castle because Dracula and stuff, but it doesn't seem right.

Is Ravenloft inspired in one castle or a specific country architecture? Is this information written in any of the Ravenloft books?
I believe the tower of Castle Ravenloft would be close to impossible to build in medieval times, it is too high and if you take on account that it is build on rock I believe it would be equivalent to a medieval "7 wonders of the ancient world".

It is inspired by movie/fictional depictions of Castle Dracula.
"I am not omniscient, but I know a lot."
-Mephistopheles from Faust by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Joël of the FoS

Re: Castle Ravenloft is inspired in a castle from the real w

Post by Joël of the FoS »

SPAMMER ALERT!

The first post was copy-pasted from another board: https://www.reddit.com/r/ravenloft/comm ... _from_the/

User was banned, but post kept and displayed here for information (along its ugly head on a spike, to fend off trolls).

Be watchfull for this new kind of spammer. Report spam links inside a message even if the message is RL retlated (either inside a message, at its end, or in the signature) : they copy stuff from other boards and post them here.

Joël
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: SPAM POSTS - Castle Ravenloft is inspired in a castle ..

Post by Rock of the Fraternity »

Don't these people have anything better to do...?
Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

Ask them :)

But the worse really is those guys posting links to their DM Guilds stuff, report them! ;)

Joël
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Rock wrote:Don't these people have anything better to do...?
They start interesting discussions, I am not going to lie...
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!