A new cluster based on the Americas?

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: A new cluster based on the Americas?

Post by Rock of the Fraternity »

I'd skip the plantation owner; Anton Misroi occupies that spot rather firmly.

As for Area 51, I agree the Cigarette-Smoking Man would make an excellent Darklord. Maybe we can spice it up a bit: maybe when the alien lands, the proto-darklord does have a kneejerk xenophobic reaction, but he is also smart enough to see that his world is in trouble. Tension between the global superpowers are about to boil over. War, pestilence and famine are standing at the gate of his own civilization.

The alien arrives ... and offers the possibility of peace and recovery. Its technology can reclaim poisoned soil and water, replace the damaging energy-sources, it can even help negotiate as a neutral party.
The proto-darklord struggles with the kneejerk response to see the alien as an enemy and his sincere desire to save the world... and then the order comes down from his own leaders to kill 'the freak' and destroy all traces of its existence. He promptly obeys in that he kills the alien, but tries to keep its technology and use it for his own benefit and the salvation of his own nation, only. He fails, sets off a chain reaction in the alien tech that accelerates the decay of his world. The end of human civilization is nigh.

In a panic, he uses the alien's communication equipment to call for help, any kind of help, from the cosmos. Creatures respond and offer to help him... for a price. He agrees, believing he can always turn the tables around on his new 'benefactors'.
Instead, he realizes too late that he has agreed to assist in the subjugation of his own species, as conquerors from space land on his world. Forced to commit atrocity after atrocity, the proto-darklord finally yields to despair and shoots himself... only for the Mists to claim him.

The next day, he arises as the lord of his own domain where humans are slaves and food, seen by both friend and foe as a lackey of the alien overlords who lurk in their citadel. He constantly schemes for power and has to defend his position both against heroes who want to free the people and villains who want what power and influence he has left. He is doomed never to defeat the alien overlords, nor to escape his reputation as a lapdog of the Intruders.
Manofevil
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Manofevil »

I think the whole Area 51 thing would fit better here: http://fraternityofshadows.com/forum/vi ... f=1&t=6814
There are no modern domains in classic Ravenloft after all. We probably shouldn't include one here. At least I would wonder about it.
Do us a favor Luv, Stick yer 'ead in a bucket a kick it!

So, gentlemen, that's how it is. Until Grissome.... resurfaces, I'm the acting president, and I say starting with this... anniversary festival, we run this city into the ground! :D
Cromstar
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Cromstar »

Based on my collection of official, personal, and fan-made domains, I did create a cluster based around the New World/colonialism theme that mixes several ideas, including native domains, domains built around colonization, as well as later-stage revolutionary themes. Provisionally named the Manifest Destinies cluster, I have 18 domains for it.