What next?

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Count Spatula
Conspirator
Conspirator

What next?

Post by Count Spatula »

Had my longtime Discord group shift into the Domains of Dread. I started them off with a Dungeon adventure(House on the Edge of Midnight), Night of the Walking Dead, Ship of Horror, and now we just finished The Created. Any suggestions for the next? I can't decide.
Joël of the FoS

Re: What next?

Post by Joël of the FoS »

If you never did Evil Eye, you should.
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
The Lesser Evil
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Lesser Evil »

What are your long term aspirations for the campaign?

What interests do your players have for their characters and the game?
Count Spatula
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Count Spatula »

Thanks, Joel. It was between that and two others.

Lesser Evil, it seems my group's primary focus is to escape Ravenloft.. lol They did briefly, then got sucked back in for The Created. One of the PC's siblings was headed for Dementlieu, so I'm guessing they'll want to go that direction.. I want to incorporate Van Richten at some point soon, so maybe a stopover in Mordentshire..
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

The Evil Eye is fantastic. Can't recommend it enough. I'll also throw in "Murder's Mark", not at Ravenloft adventure, officially, but a very good one that fits right in.

Lesser Evil raised some good questions, though, that could steer things one way or another. Which of the modules that you played did the players seem to enjoy most? What are their characters motivated by?
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Count Spatula
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Count Spatula »

House on the Edge of Midnight got the best reaction.. They're mostly a bunch of holy rollers who are a bigger deal back in Faerun with their own abbey, etc.. Perhaps Selune's twin sister is one of the Dark Powers? Their staycation in Ravenloft based upon spite from their involvement in the Godswar?
Epically
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Epically »

Where do you get access to House on the edge of Midnight?
DustBunny
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by DustBunny »

Epically wrote:Where do you get access to House on the edge of Midnight?
It's an adventure in Dungeon Magazine #76 so may be a little tricky to get a copy of :cry:
Someone sent me a postcard picture of the earth. On the back they had written, "Wish you were here."
Count Spatula
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Count Spatula »

Anyone happen to know of any adventure modules that take place in Dementlieu?
DustBunny
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by DustBunny »

Count Spatula wrote:Anyone happen to know of any adventure modules that take place in Dementlieu?
Off the top of my head -

A Night at the Opera in COTN Werebeasts. Our party has a bit of history with Ms Pajaro, and a little reunion is long overdue...
Taskmasters Leash - Chilling Tales. Has Van Richten, but the demons may be a little too much
Pity the Child - COTN Ghosts.
Last Dance - Dungeon #64. Whilst set in Richemulot, the adventure could easily be moved to Dementlieu
Feast of the Falcons - I think Gonzoron wrote this one. I dont know if he wrote out the adventure itself, but you can follow his group through it here Sessions 9-10

Oh, and this site may be of use for published adventures- Adventure Lookup
Someone sent me a postcard picture of the earth. On the back they had written, "Wish you were here."
Epically
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Epically »

DustBunny wrote:
Count Spatula wrote:Anyone happen to know of any adventure modules that take place in Dementlieu?
Feast of the Falcons - I think Gonzoron wrote this one. I dont know if he wrote out the adventure itself, but you can follow his group through it here Sessions 9-10
I believe it's written up in one of the Quoth the Ravens.
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Epically wrote:I believe it's written up in one of the Quoth the Ravens.
It's Feasting with the Falcons, and it's in QTR 18, but thank you both for remembering it. :)

There's also Waxing Horrific from CotN:Created, Dark Desires from CotN:Demons, and the Abu Al Mir adventure (the name escapes me at the moment) from Cotn:Werebeasts.
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Count Spatula
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Count Spatula »

Thank you.
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Count Spatula wrote:Had my longtime Discord group shift into the Domains of Dread. I started them off with a Dungeon adventure(House on the Edge of Midnight), Night of the Walking Dead, Ship of Horror, and now we just finished The Created. Any suggestions for the next? I can't decide.
I have run in the past the first Grim Harvest adventure, converting it to 5e which had proven a very very easy conversion.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!