Nosos write-up

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Manofevil
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Nosos write-up

Post by Manofevil »

I'd go the opposite direction, myself. I'd make Malus' father the former Darklord and Malus his successor .
Do us a favor Luv, Stick yer 'ead in a bucket a kick it!

So, gentlemen, that's how it is. Until Grissome.... resurfaces, I'm the acting president, and I say starting with this... anniversary festival, we run this city into the ground! :D
Mistmaster
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Mistmaster »

Yaoi Huntress Earth wrote:
Mistmaster wrote:
Mistmaster wrote:At this point I'd make Malus father a straight up hero, ala Swamp Thing.
Kind of the lightlord thing I've been hearing about in some of the Quoth the Raven issues. I want nature and industry to be on equal terms of good and bad aspects, but I'll give it some thought.
Yes, exactly that, since I am the author of those articles :D .
Since I haven't read all of the QtR issues, how would you best describe the concept of a lightlord?[/quote]
In extreme synthesis the Lightlord is a person who choose to do the right thing in spite of what it costed to him, up to a an act of selfless sacrifice; A Lightlord is thus blessed with with great powers (like a Darklord) but burdenedwirh specific responsabilities which is an heavy weight on theyr shoulder; for example Ezekiel, the Vampire Lightlord of Lazendrak (quote the Raven 26) is burdened by his own immortality, as he falls in love with mortal women, which die even when he embrace them, thanks to the local Darklord. However, in your version, Malus step-sister is more adapt as lightlord.
Manofevil wrote:I'd go the opposite direction, myself. I'd make Malus' father the former Darklord and Malus his successor .
It is an interesting possibility; Takes in consideration the fact that Darklord and Lightlods change in time and sometime they can even switch side; I depict Azalin as a decayed Lightlord, for example while Soth could have switched sides on the other sense.
Yaoi Huntress Earth
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Yaoi Huntress Earth »

Mistmaster wrote: In extreme synthesis the Lightlord is a person who choose to do the right thing in spite of what it costed to him, up to a an act of selfless sacrifice; A Lightlord is thus blessed with with great powers (like a Darklord) but burdenedwirh specific responsabilities which is an heavy weight on theyr shoulder; for example Ezekiel, the Vampire Lightlord of Lazendrak (quote the Raven 26) is burdened by his own immortality, as he falls in love with mortal women, which die even when he embrace them, thanks to the local Darklord. However, in your version, Malus step-sister is more adapt as lightlord.
I was thinking of Sophia (Malus' "cousin") being the equivalent of that. Thanks for clearing that up.
I'm a deviant: yaoi-huntress-earth.deviantart.com
Mistmaster
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Mistmaster »

Yes, "cousin" I referred myself to her.
yaoihuntressearth
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by yaoihuntressearth »

I got the thought that the reason why Malus hasn't expanded his factories to other domains is that he prefers to keep them where he can see and properly manage them.
KingCorn
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by KingCorn »

Famous businesses of Nosos:
  • Phagius Pharmacy: A smaller scale business which through modern medicines tend to rich and poor alike. Its founder and his family left the pharmacy in the hands of a Lamordian immigrant to manage while they conducted foriegn research abroad. Only three sons returned from the trip, none refusing to speak of what happened to their other siblings or their father. While they disappeared into seclusion, the pharmacy has more of less been taken over by Lamordians. Dread Possiblity: The Plagues of Phagius: Phagius was more than just a simple pharmacist. In fact an outlander cancer mage, a studier of vermin and disease. Having tried to establish himself in the city, he was quickly forced to leave after a brief power struggle with Malus. Continuing his research in Invidia, he was eventually was poisoned by his sons for his sadistic treatment of them, but in his final breath cursed them to be carriers of his final six plagues. While three of his son's succumbed, three managed to return to Nosos, bringing with them the Shadow Virus, the Psionic Virus, and the Pertrification Virus. Malus has taken notice of there return, and aims on acquiring the pharmcy, and with it the final plagues of his early rival.
  • Sceleris Hydroponics: The main food source for the ruined city, Sceleris uses it to maintain his stranglehold on the city and his business rivals. Producing a strange protein rich mush from mold and fungus for the poor, and a special greenhouse for the rich. While the food is unpleasent and the work conditions worse than a Falcovnian prison camp, its one of the few things keeping the city alive.
  • Black Iron Bores: One of the up and comers in Nosos, this mining company was founded by Douglas BlackIron, a Dwarvan immigrant from Darkon. Fueled by but one drive, he will stop at nothing to control all resource mining in Nosos, and eventually the city itself. He is ruthless in his exploitation of his workers and what little nature that remains unexploited, using means both fair and foul to destory the competition. If there is any soul darker than Malus's in Nosos, it is his.