LOST TRAILS OOC

Online roleplaying at the Café
Wolfglide of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: LOST TRAILS OOC

Post by Wolfglide of the Fraternity »

ewancummins wrote:A clerk adds Klokulf's name to a bill of sale, obtains his signature, and just like that, Klokulf becomes the owner of a slave.
When you put it that way, I start feeling guilty for participating in a morally reprehensible enterprise.

Klokulf will pay with 60 gold and 30 electrum, since his Zhentish currency was provided in a range of denominations. He will want to stop by a money changer to convert approximately 60 gold pieces (in Sembian and Nova Vaasan currency) into Zhentish glories, and he will want to find some cheap (yet not too ratty or threadbare) clothing for the kid. He shouldn't keep wandering around without a shirt.

I suppose Gather Information is in order (+9):
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

+2 bonus from Theophilus knowing local stuff.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
RocEter
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by RocEter »

Damn Clive was going to buy the slave but Klokuff beat him to the punch
History prefers legends to men. It prefers nobility to brutality, soaring speeches to quiet deeds. History remembers the battle and forgets the blood. What ever history remembers of me if it remembers me at all, it shall only be the fraction of the truth.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

The money changers charge 2% of the total coin value to be exchanged.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

RocEter wrote:Damn Clive was going to buy the slave but Klokuff beat him to the punch
The others aren't scrivener's apprentices, but he could buy one of them.
Fancy # 3 or #4?

RocEter
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by RocEter »

The brute laborer? What are they going for?
History prefers legends to men. It prefers nobility to brutality, soaring speeches to quiet deeds. History remembers the battle and forgets the blood. What ever history remembers of me if it remembers me at all, it shall only be the fraction of the truth.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

RocEter wrote:The brute laborer? What are they going for?
Starting bid of thirty gold for number three, who will be next up.

RocEter
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by RocEter »

ewancummins wrote:
RocEter wrote:The brute laborer? What are they going for?
Starting bid of thirty gold for number three, who will be next up.
Clive will place that bid.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Cool.

We can RP it in the post or use dice rolls to simulate the bidding and then I will post the results. Your choice.
The rolls would simulate Sir Clive doing stuff like subtly intimidating other potential buyers, positioning himself somewhere impossible for the auctioneer to overlook, guessing the best increment of increase in a bid without overbidding, etc.

RocEter
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by RocEter »

RP it in story. Clive will position himself to be more noticeable
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Cool.
Posting now.

RocEter
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by RocEter »

Should clive be wearing his knightly armor or his scary kill things monstrous armor?
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

RocEter wrote:Should clive be wearing his knightly armor or his scary kill things monstrous armor?

Hmmm...the latter might be more Zhentil Keep style.
It will certainly tend to be more intimidating, if that's the effect he wants.
Full armor isn't banned in all parts of the city, but it will draw a lot of attention. Of course, he can quickly switch as needed...

RocEter
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by RocEter »

monster armor it is then
RocEter
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by RocEter »

When the party goes to the inn, Clive and his most recent purchase will go with them.