LOST TRAILS: THE HARROWDALE HORROR: PART 4

Online roleplaying at the Café
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: LOST TRAILS: THE HARROWDALE HORROR: PART 4

Post by ewancummins »

kintire wrote:Kat keeps an eye on the count with a sightly amused grin, occasionally taking a swig of Spiritous Liquor.

Alain's gloved fingers click coins together as he methodically counts and sorts the contents of the three small sacks.
Katrin
VIEW CONTENT:
notices something queer about Alain's digits. His fine leather gloves, which he never seems to take off, must have previously concealed the abnormality from her notice. But now that she looks closely at what he's doing with his hands, she realizes that his fingers are not simply longer than average, as she'd thought, but possess an additional joint each.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Kat stares at the liquor suspiciously, and puts the bottle down...
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

Bennedict invokes the requested words of healing, then turns to regard the mage. "I had not encountered one in person, and this thing does not exactly match the description. In the texts, it was mentioned to be more like a mound of shambling moss and peat, and not so serpent-like. But the way it reacted to electrical discharges was very characteristic. It's likely they're at least related to each other."

He smiles wryly at the mage's comment regarding his efficacy. "So far today, I've managed to nearly be eaten by a mouth-filled ooze, run away from the mandragora with my tail between my legs, and hide in a church. I'd say you're doing fine."

As the treasures are retrieved from the basement, he turns and begins examining the cat/bird.
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Adam wrote:Bennedict invokes the requested words of healing, then turns to regard the mage. "I had not encountered one in person, and this thing does not exactly match the description. In the texts, it was mentioned to be more like a mound of shambling moss and peat, and not so serpent-like. But the way it reacted to electrical discharges was very characteristic. It's likely they're at least related to each other."

He smiles wryly at the mage's comment regarding his efficacy. "So far today, I've managed to nearly be eaten by a mouth-filled ooze, run away from the mandragora with my tail between my legs, and hide in a church. I'd say you're doing fine."

As the treasures are retrieved from the basement, he turns and begins examining the cat/bird.

The cat-bird-bat thing reminds him of something he learned, and half-forgot, while researching in Monksblade...
VIEW CONTENT:
See OOC for brief notes on tressyms
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

The storm continues to lash the town and fields outside while the party settles in for a long rest inside the civic hall.

No one has built a big fire, at least, not yet. But Alain did find a warming brazier and there were a few spare blankets in the storeroom.

-----------

Kat takes first watch in the lobby at the broken window. The wind screams. Debris flies through the air and tumbles down muddy lanes, driven by the strengthening gale.
Cold and damp pours through the window-gap, adding new strength to the clammy, stiff feeling she never completely banished by rubbing her limbs and wringing out her soaked clothing.
When will she ever be dry and warm again?

END OF CHAPTER