Gencon 2018

Books, movies, television and everything else
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Gencon 2018

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Anyone going?

Actually bringing the whole family this time. Should make for a different experience entirely.

Too bad Talon's not going to be there this year. I really wanted to commission another drawing, of my villains this time. :(

But James Lowder will be doing a Q&A. Not sure what to ask him that I couldn't just PM him. He hasn't posted here since 2013, but his account is still there...
Hopefully he can sign my SotBR.
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Gencon 2018

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Yep, that was certainly a different experience than last time, but still a blast! (And even better, the family enjoyed it enough to ask to go back! We're targeting 2021 for the next one.)

Not too much Ravenloft-related content for me this year, but a bit...
- went to the James Lowder Q&A, which was shared with an up-and-coming author named Karen Bovenmyer, and more geared toward aspiring writers wanting to know about the business, rather than obsessed fans of 20-year-old books who wanted to know specifics like what drove a certain vistani girl to betray her mother and tribe. ;) So I didn't ask my narrow questions, only a broader interest one. Still a good seminar, and Mr. Lowder was very nice and chatted a bit with me after, while signing my books (KotBR, SotBR, and Gaz IV. Sadly, I forgot to bring WBRB.)

- Stopped by Claudio Pozas's booth, bought a small print, and also blew his mind by pulling out VRGttSF for him to sign. Apparently he hadn't seen that one in a while (has it really been nearly 15 years now since it came out?). He's posted here a few times as well, under the username Klaus, but not since soon after that book came our. In case you're still out there lurking, hi there Mr. Pozas, and thanks for the awesome Sith Shadow Fey sketch you put inside the front cover for me!

Aside from buying my son a bag of "Zombies!!!" zombies, and playing Magic on my Curse of Strahd playmat, that was about the extent of the Ravenloft-ness of the con for me.

Anyone else make it out to Indy this year?
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."