RocEter
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Birthright 3: The Worm's Supper

Post by RocEter »

ewancummins wrote:THE SEARCHERS
AT THE TOWER OF THE HUNT

Sir Boarholt approaches.
He raises a hand and waves to the half-elf bard.
'' Your music was lovely, good woman. I hope that you'll play something for us as we ride away. And I wish you good luck on your own travels.''
"Thank you, Sir knight. I have a better idea, I will play music for you while we travel together." She says.
Last edited by RocEter on Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
History prefers legends to men. It prefers nobility to brutality, soaring speeches to quiet deeds. History remembers the battle and forgets the blood. What ever history remembers of me if it remembers me at all, it shall only be the fraction of the truth.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

The next day

MIDDAY, AT BARILLIA AND ASSOCIATES

"Obviously! Just do the criminal record at the name Perry, which will be the one I will use with that group. As about the armor, I'm interesting but want to see it first of course. Now, what about our mission, we can do as yesterday, check the expensive inns and I will try to join the Three Penny group and hope they know something. Or do you have any idea?"
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

VAN wrote:The next day

MIDDAY, AT BARILLIA AND ASSOCIATES

"Obviously! Just do the criminal record at the name Perry, which will be the one I will use with that group. As about the armor, I'm interesting but want to see it first of course. Now, what about our mission, we can do as yesterday, check the expensive inns and I will try to join the Three Penny group and hope they know something. Or do you have any idea?"
"I'll make sure it is your proper size, Filbert. Of course you can see it first before you try it. Yes, I plan on going to do more reconnaissance at other Inns. As for an idea, none have formulated as of yet as we just started yesterday. If that is all, I give you my leave as I must attend to other matters this day."
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"Of course, I will be off then. As about the armor I think there are Halfling leatherworkers that know how to make leather armor that encumbers little more than a suit of clothing, but you are the expert on information so I leave that to you. Thank you very much for the help, I will pass tonight or tomorrow to share what we found out. Have a good day and thank you in advance."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Once Filbert is departed, Domenica waits a few minutes. "Gimp, let us gather Vollmar and visit our friend Atli."

Nodding to her valet/manservant/etc etc she rises from her seat and exits the room. Heading for her home she hopes all goes well with Atli. Reassuring herself, she grins at the possibilities.

After she arrives at her home, she gathers Vollmar and heads for Atli's place of business with Vollmar and Gimp in tow. Upon arriving, she smiles to herself. Thus far, thus good.

Gimp opens the door, and she passes through, walking towards Atli's office.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

RocEter wrote:
ewancummins wrote:THE SEARCHERS
AT THE TOWER OF THE HUNT

Sir Boarholt approaches.
He raises a hand and waves to the half-elf bard.
'' Your music was lovely, good woman. I hope that you'll play something for us as we ride away. And I wish you good luck on your own travels.''
"Thank you, Sir knight. I have a better idea, I will play music for you while we travel together." She says.
''That seems good to me. If none of the others object..."

The beefy knight looks about at his companions.

"I suggest we begin our journey. I think we can cover a lot of ground before nightfall, leaving so early."
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

alhoon wrote:TEMERLAN AND SAFANA
THE BROKEN ARCH

"Watch out!" Termelan shouts as he breaks away from the crowd to pull away the playwright that seems caught in surprise. While feeling under the weather still, instincts take over. He launches on the playwright as large blocks start falling and with considerable agility crushes into him, his speed carrying them away, before they are both crushed by the falling debris as the loud noise of masonry pieces crushing from height echo through the area.
As Termelan and the playwright hit the snow, Termelan turns and sees that a big, heavy piece of the bridge rests where they have been standing a moment ago in a cloud of dust and a rain of smaller debris. Not waiting for realization of the danger to paralyze him to, Termelan hugs the still confused playwright and uses his body to barrel them both away from any further danger.

Then, he stands up and before fear can wash away the adrenaline and the shock, he fights the need to just drop to his knees and tremble by turning, again, to the show man. He gives his heavy, warm cloak (now soiled with snow and dust) a flourish, and offers his arm to the playwright to help him stand, with an elaborate move that seems more like a bow before a patron at the end of a performance than bending and extending an arm.
The crowd bursts into applause.

Glyllem Reed thanks Temerlan.
After calming his body tremors through a series of deep breaths and measured exhalations, the playwright strides up to the heap of debris. He steps up--with care-- onto a flat block amid the rubble.
He looks straight up into the gray sky, stares a moment, and then turns his gaze on the performers assembled before him.
"I trust no one will complain if the heavens should drop a little snow or rain on our heads?

Nervous laughter ripples through the line, echoed by some of the audience gathered beyond the auditioning players.

Glyllem's assistant, a small, shuffling figure in patchwork robes and a harlequin mask, brings the playwright a sheaf of paper.
The playwright hands out lines to actors, gives them only a couple of minutes to read, and then calls for the auditions to begin...
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

tarlyn wrote:Once Filbert is departed, Domenica waits a few minutes. "Gimp, let us gather Vollmar and visit our friend Atli."

Nodding to her valet/manservant/etc etc she rises from her seat and exits the room. Heading for her home she hopes all goes well with Atli. Reassuring herself, she grins at the possibilities.

After she arrives at her home, she gathers Vollmar and heads for Atli's place of business with Vollmar and Gimp in tow. Upon arriving, she smiles to herself. Thus far, thus good.

Gimp opens the door, and she passes through, walking towards Atli's office.

ATLI'S OFFICE

Domenica finds the moneylender in his office.

The black dwarf sits at his low and heavy-built desk, looking in a ledger.
He stows the book in a desk drawer as his guest/client enters.
The dwarf's hands move down and out of Dominica's sight, behind and under the desktop.
Click.\
''Dominica."
Atli nods to Vollmar. "Cousin."
He turns his attention back to Dominica. His mouth opens in a grin, gold dental work glinting in the candle light.
The moneylender lifts his hands into her sight and then lets them fall flat palmed on the desktop with a soft thudding noise.
"How is business?"

Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

THE SEARCHERS

Cormac nods, impatient to get underway. "Aye, let's get as far as we can. Foerde could still be out there alive, somewhere."

He looks at the bard. "Get yer singin' in now, I'd say. We're gonna be at enough of a disadvantage in elf lands without singing to announce us."
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Adam wrote:THE SEARCHERS

Cormac nods, impatient to get underway. "Aye, let's get as far as we can. Foerde could still be out there alive, somewhere."

He looks at the bard. "Get yer singin' in now, I'd say. We're gonna be at enough of a disadvantage in elf lands without singing to announce us."

The minstrel woman plays a sad song, appropriate for a parting of ways.

Ned calls out, "We'll look for you after the snows melt, Cormac!"
And then the two former poachers lead their horses towards the brightening lands east of the Tower, dipping down into a vale and ought of sight after a few minutes' time.

Without further delay, the main party sets out for the Seamists, riding west. The knights nd men-at-arms of the Tower cheer them as they ride off.

The bound elf male trots along in the van, rope-line connecting him to the outrider's saddle horn.

The wind blows hard and cold from the mountains to the west, rolling a sheet of fog down over the piedmont so that the riders see snowcapped mountaintops like islands set over the lower earth, floating in a sea of mist.

END OF CHAPTER ONE