Birthright: Promises to Keep, Chapter 2

Online roleplaying at the Café
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Birthright: Promises to Keep, Chapter 2

Post by ewancummins »

Adam wrote:Cormac looks warily at Renn and the now human-shaped woman. "Watch it," he says to the woman on the ground, "Ye've bought yerself some time, but ye're still an enemy an' a prisoner. An' I've got my bow righ' here in case ye got any ideas abou' changin' the second thing."

He turns and walks to the downed elf woman. He drops to a squat in front of her, poking her in the chest with his arrowhead to make his point as he speaks in elven. "The fox-lady spilled the whole plan. Ye're a captive an' ye have our friend, so I think ye know we ain't likely to let ye go any time soon. But, how painful yer time with us becomes is up to ye. Where's our friend? What was the plan after this? Talk, an' maybe I can advocate on yer behalf."

She narrows her eyes to slits and hisses through pursed lips, but says nothing.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
Varrus the Ethical
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Varrus the Ethical »

"How about we throw the she-elf into things until she talks," Roald says, briefly taking his attention of the fox-woman. "If nothing else, it'll be fun."
"Most men would rather deny a hard truth than face it."

George R.R. Martin.
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

Cormac looks disappointed.

He reverses the arrow and jabs it into the elf's thigh, expertly avoiding any of the major arteries or veins but aiming for a nerve cluster.

"Wrong answer," he hisses back, "Where is Foerde?"
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

INTERROGATION CONTINUES

Siobhan's eyes open a little wider upon hearing Roald speak of slamming her into trees.
She starts to say something, but her words become a scream as Cormac jabs an arrow into a sensitive part of her thigh.

''Aiiiiiie! Stop, stop!''

The she-elf breaks out in a heavy sweat, although the evening air has become quite cool.

''The ershegh-- our Leader wants him for something. I don't know what. But he's been taken to the Tower Ruannoch. Surely you will never see him again among the living.''

She spits out that strange word, ershegh, like an obscenity.

Those who know the Elvish language recognize its literal meaning as
VIEW CONTENT:
''blood of light.''

END OF CHAPTER
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)