'Circle of Darkness' Map help

Discussing all things Ravenloft
MightyEvilDoom
Conspirator
Conspirator

'Circle of Darkness' Map help

Post by MightyEvilDoom »

Hello, all!

I just purchased Circle of Darkness, and was pleasantly surprised at all the maps and tools it contains to run adventures in G'Henna aside from the main plot. However, there are a few aspects of the fold-map that are vexing me, and hopefully I can find an answer here.

On the fold-out map, bordering the map of the city of Zhukar, are 8 smaller maps that seem to be rooms or streets or buildings, and each one is lettered A-H, yet I cannot find anything that references these, either on the map or in the adventure. Can someone tell me what these were intended for?

Also on the fold-out map, the zoomed-in map of the Temple District and the Temple of Zhakata, the Public Courtyard and certain rooms in the Temple have numerical (1-5) and alphabetical (A-D) keys, yet again there are no references on the map/in the book as to what these correspond to, as well as two 'Wailing Rooms' that are not mentioned at all. (The areas A-D from my first question don't line-up with the ones in the Temple, as far as I can tell.) Also also, the descriptions of the Temple interior in the adventure doesn't seem like it matches up to the Temple representation on the map, it seems too small on the map for the sprawling Temple complex bustling with activity described on the adventure.

If someone could help me make some sense of all these I would be very appreciative!
Catman Jim
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: 'Circle of Darkness' Map help

Post by Catman Jim »

On Page 21, under the Temple Complex heading is the statement " The Endless Corridors floorplan- morphs provided on the color mapsheet can be used to randomly generate the interior of any building in the complex (or, for that matter, any building in Zhukar.)"

Close as I can find...
I only wish I had retired sooner!
MightyEvilDoom
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by MightyEvilDoom »

Ah thanks! I missed that part the dozen times I was searching.
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Circle of darkness is being re-sold by WotC.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!