Article Feedback for Quoth the Raven Issue #8

Discussions on the Fraternity netbooks

Which article would you like to see expanded and republished in the Undead Sea Scrolls?

Skin
17%
Things that Should not Be
17%
Malwid’s Guide to all things Aberant
22%
Perilous Pursuits: Shaylot Cultist
28%
The Human Ooze
No votes
The Hunted/Dread Devourers
No votes
Growls in the Night: Alhoons
6%
Misted Mounts
No votes
Brutes and Banshees
11%
In Shadow
No votes

Total votes: 18

ScS of the Fraternity

Article Feedback for Quoth the Raven Issue #8

Post by ScS of the Fraternity »

Hi Everyone,

As many of you will remember, issue #8 is the start of a new format for the Quoth the Raven and Undead Sea Scrolls netbooks. Quoth the Raven will come out every three months, three times each year. Each year is ended with an issue of the Undead Sea Scrolls.
Part of the USS is an anendum to QtR, a place where we take the best articles from QtR and have the authors expand upon their work and republish it. This could be anything including creating NPC stats for a fictional story, creating terror tracks for monsters, writing in additional text to articles, incuding maps or illustrations, or even just fine tuning an article.

Quoth the Raven #8 kicks off this new program, so we are going to be looking for opinions on which artciles were the best and which you would like most to see redone and expanded on for the year end issue.

We would like to see some of the feedback and suggestions that you have to help make an article better. Since this is a poll, everyone can only vote for one article. But, if you perfer you can write in additional requests in a post.

Thanks and I hope to see a lot of feedback for all of our contributors!

Stephen.

Ps> We had too many articles for everyone to be on the Poll, so if an article you liked isn't here, please post below!
Evil Reigns!!!!
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Post by Wiccy of the Fraternity »

Hey Stephen, how come there are articles missing from that list in the poll?
Swallow your soul!
Bela
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Re: Article Feedback for Quoth the Raven Issue #8

Post by Bela »

ScS of the Fraternity wrote:
Ps> We had too many articles for everyone to be on the Poll, so if an article you liked isn't here, please post below!
That would be my guess. ;)
ScS of the Fraternity

Post by ScS of the Fraternity »

Yep.

Personally, I liked the Shay-Lot cultist class. I'm a real sucker for Lovecraftian stuff, and though I hated the were-ray addition in Children of the Night: Lycanthropes, I really liked to see the undersea city thing brought back.

I think the cult could be further developed, as well the cult might even awaken some of the senteries around the city. Perhaps some creatures within the city were programed to awaken ahead of the others, so as to speed the return of the shay lot.
What kind of otherworldly abominations will be spawned from the dark depths?
Evil Reigns!!!!
Bela
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Bela »

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Interesting....

very interesting......
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Re: Article Feedback for Quoth the Raven Issue #8

Post by Wiccy of the Fraternity »

Bela wrote:That would be my guess. ;)
I really should pay more attention. Oops, them's dangerous words coming from someone who reads, reviews and votes on work other people submit. No worries folks, I do pay close attention to what is sent in :)

More Black Arts and Diminutive Aberrations is missing from the poll in case anyone wants to vote for them (another shameless self plug, just can[t have to many these days :P lol).
Swallow your soul!
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

I voted alhoon's because I think they are very interesting as undead. They have many powers and they can cast also spells. I like seeing some new spells about them.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
Hrtofdrkns
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

On Brutes and Banshees

Post by Hrtofdrkns »

Stop me if you know this one. A WitchSpawn Caliban Sor is burned by the Tepest Inquisition. He/She curses the Inquisition and Inquisitors as the flames consume him/her, vowing to return and destroy them all.
Later the Caliban rises as a powerful (at least rank3) Ghost and begins to make good on the threat. The PC's are hired/forced/manipulated into hunting the Ghost. But here's the catch. Do they hunt it? After all, the Ghost is only trying to get justice for itself and all of the other victims of the Inquisition, and end the fey hunt. The PC's may even decide to help it along...
Thing's always work out if you just do whatever you want without worrying about the consequences.
-Peter Griffin