Poultrygeist!

Books, movies, television and everything else
High Priest Mikhal
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Poultrygeist!

Post by High Priest Mikhal »

While watching Oddities, Troma Productions founder Lloyd Kaufman came in looking for something mummified for The Toxic Avenger Part 5 (if you don't know Troma, Kaufman, or Toxie, you need a crash course in bad horror movies that try to be that bad; "bad" in the affectionate). He mentioned a movie I hadn't heard of, called Poultrygeist: Night of the Chicken Dead.

Like all Troma films it's low-low-L-O-W budget, the story is deliberately horrible and disgusting, and of course it's got T&A. That's what makes Troma so much fun, though! You just have to laugh at the horrible acting, cheesy SFX, and atrocious plot. These guys push the envelope of B-Movies to D- or even F-Movies.

In Poultrygeist a chicken fast food restaurant is built over an old Amerindian burial ground (the "Tromafield" tribe). The results are...zombie chickens! It's gross, it's racist, it's a hoot! Go see it NOW! That's an order!! And it's on Netflix streaming, too.
"Money is the root of all evil...I think I need more money."
HuManBing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Poultrygeist!

Post by HuManBing »

High Priest Mikhal wrote:of course it's got T&A.
As an international trade lawyer, any movie that features textiles and apparel has my full and undivided attention. Good find!

Also, will get it on Netflix next time I am sufficiently drunk to appreciate it. Thanks! :)
High Priest Mikhal
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

HuManBing wrote:
High Priest Mikhal wrote:of course it's got T&A.
As an international trade lawyer, any movie that features textiles and apparel has my full and undivided attention. Good find!
:D
HuManBing wrote:Also, will get it on Netflix next time I am sufficiently drunk to appreciate it. Thanks! :)
ROFLMAO!

Just a word of warning. Troma Productions does go for the disgusting. The parody of Jared (the Subway guy who lost all that weight) is involved in a scene in the men's room after eating an undead egg. It really goes flying, and I don't think I need to explain what two letters prefix "it."
Trike
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Trike »

When you're finished with that gem, I recommend a movie called ThanksKilling as a follow-up. It has radiation, redneck hunters, and, of course, demonic fowl bent on the destruction of young co-eds.

Evil poultry of the world unite!
High Priest Mikhal
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Trike wrote:redneck hunters, and, of course, demonic fowl bent on the destruction of young co-eds.
Now what did rednecks ever do them? Other than shoving a stick of dynamite up a chicken's butt and launching it from a crossbow (Redneck Guided Missile)?