Atumn Tale

Discussing all roleplaying games
Grzegorz
Conspirator
Conspirator

Atumn Tale

Post by Grzegorz »

Atumn Tale is very specific for Poland style of role playing
This is a game about sadness and fall. Player are last good people in the world corrupted by cynics and decadence. They are biter and resingned, and know that they cannot change anthing, only slow evil with so great cost. Important is weather, because players should walked in rain and mud.
Last edited by Grzegorz on Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Goose Bone
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Re: Atum Tale

Post by Goose Bone »

Yeah yeah, sad, mud, world hates you and everyone will die painfull, loosers death :azalin: I found it just too sad... To melodramatic... It is good in a lot of ways and gives a lot of tips for DM, bu c'mon, if theres not sandbox in the adventure, wheres the freedom of playing RPG..? If the DM creatings almost whole history, why involving players into it..? If I want to tell a story, I just gather some people that want to listen to me - and tell my story to them... And if I want to play, I gather some people and we play, and when my players say "Well, we have some quests in Azalins castle, but we hear that he is an powerfull evil wizard and want just escape from here anf found a safer place to flooking for adventures", I never force them to stay because "It will be a wonderfull tale", but instead creating an "Escape from the Azalins castle" adventure;) I know not everybody like this style of playing and DMing, but with my player we always choose "fun" over the "atmosphere"... Whenever we try to to play too seriously and "grimdark" we laught even more :> You know, I'm a polish guy, and we love to grumble and complain about... everything:D
Nui adevarat! Si eu pot sa iubesc si osa iubesc... Din nou...
Grzegorz
Conspirator
Conspirator

Re: Atumn Tale

Post by Grzegorz »

Yes but Atum Tale is quiet funles. You must imagine that if 300 was filmed in Poland, Sparta wi fall in next year, cripled traitor survive an became new king of sparta. Bravery of 300 wil be forgoten "and only earth remember thiers sacrifice"
Goose Bone
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Goose Bone »

And that's exactly what I do not like in it:D Because no fun means... well... no fun:/
Nui adevarat! Si eu pot sa iubesc si osa iubesc... Din nou...
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

Really, guys... "AUTUMN Tale", probably?

Care to elaborate what you're talking about?

A first LMGTFY led me to a Korean soap opera site. Not what I was looking for.
Grzegorz
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Grzegorz »

We are talking about Polish rpg style. Autumn Tale mean in polish Jesienna gawęda. It was invented in Poland and it was important playing style at late 90's and first 2000's Especially for Warhammer player for which it was invented.