Insidious

Books, movies, television and everything else
Ail
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Insidious

Post by Ail »

Hey there,

I went to see Insidious last night and I found it pretty disturbing. It has been a long time since I had a film hit me so much. Has anyone seen it too? What's your opinions?
Zumba d'Oxossi (A Stitch in Souragne)
Brother Eustace (The Devil's Dreams)
Robert de Moureaux (A New Barovia)
crazybantha
Conspirator
Conspirator

Re: Insidious

Post by crazybantha »

I felt exactly the same thing. I think the soundtrack was paramount to my immersion. Music's always a big part for me. It can ruin a good movie or save a bad one.

Anyway, I think the storytelling was nice. The strength was not in the plot itself, but the dialog and coaching was awesome. The director produced really claustrophobic takes when needed. The pace was nice, although it dragged a little half through, but once it picked up the second plot layer, it glided.

-spoiler-
VIEW CONTENT:
The Red One scene where the father rescued his kid was the most Ravenlofty of all IMO. His lair, plus the rest of the netherworld instntly reminded me of ravenloft's pocket domains.
Panurg
Conspirator
Conspirator

Re: Insidious

Post by Panurg »

I liked the movie very much though i have to admit that it didn't play off so well in the end for me. Soundtrack is great and the first 30 or so minutes are really disturbing but then in my opinion the tone changes dramatically and it transforms from really good horror to a kind of lame mystery thriller. The urge of filmmakers to explain everything destroys much of the suspension. To create pictures in ones mind you should let people think for themselves.