Kalashtar of RL

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Kalashtar of RL

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

DeepShadow of FoS wrote:So...no one thinks they should be 2nd gen members of La Confrérie des Rêveurs?
Well, that depends.... who are La Confrérie des Rêveurs? :)

OK, I looked it up, and found a QtR by Jason. I assume that's who you mean? I'll have to read it and see...
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Jason of the Fraternity
Master of Illusion
Master of Illusion

Post by Jason of the Fraternity »

DeepShadow of FoS wrote:So...no one thinks they should be 2nd gen members of La Confrérie des Rêveurs?
I like the idea, but I also might be a little biased... :wink:
[i]Pandemonium did not reign, it poured![/i]
Goose Bone
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Goose Bone »

Personally I use Kalashtar game statistics as a substitution to Abber Nomads, but no real Kalashtars exist in World. When (and If) I create my Eberron-lbased domain of dread, I probably introduce them, but before that I dont want to introduce too many races in RL. I think that too many fancy races within world works as a "anesthetic" for players - if they see fancy, intelligent and "playable" creatures all the time, shocking them with something new and weird become very hard quest for DM...

I allow players to be a standard Humans, Elves (I use PH elves as a Darkon elves and an Eladrins as a Sithicus ones) , Halfelves, Dwarves, Halfings, Gnomes, Giomorgos and Calibans. (I used Jester's version of the Giomorgos, but Calibans are bit different - because of they curse, there are not two calibans thats exactly the same, so player can choose, to play Caliban with traits of Jester's Caliban, Half-Orc, Minotaure, Bugbear, Hobgobin, Goliat, Plague Genasi, Earth Genasi or Dragonborn (Fear Variant only). Thats make the Calibans fearsome and different from each other, and an interesting as an enemy.

I use Shifters traits to create Vampyres, Kalashtar traits as Abber Nomads, Warforged as a most of Created, Slightly modified Changelings as Dread Doppelgangers, reworked Drows, Pixies, Satyrs, Hamadryads and Hengeyoukaies as an Arak subspecies and so on. But those are only NPC's, not the playable for PC races. They can meet Vrylokas, Shades, Dhampires and Revenants as an NPC's too. Some Character themes are really usefull too, for example a Devils Pawn or the werewolf from Neverwinter campaign setting and so on...
Nui adevarat! Si eu pot sa iubesc si osa iubesc... Din nou...