Dalek geekery

Books, movies, television and everything else
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Dalek geekery

Post by Rock of the Fraternity »

This bit of oddness just popped into my mind...

Everyone who's got a working knowledge of Dr. Who knows that the Daleks are a horrifying threat to all other life. Still, they're beaten again and again because the Doctor can find ways to upset their plans somehow, and once the plan goes, it all goes.

Then this bizarre thought hit me: what if there were no plan? What if a Dalek host was taken over by, say, tanar'ri. All of that dakka and shield technology, in the claws of a creature that does not plan to destroy all life and structures, but just gets up and does it.

The image popped into my head of a Dalek's 'eye' suddenly flaring red, and I could just hear that horrible voice laughing insanely while the thing powered up, took off, and started blasting everything in sight. More and more Daleks get taken over and it turns into a huge brawl with absolutely everything that gets in their way - including unpossessed Daleks. They wouldn't need a plan, they wouldn't hesitate, they wouldn't fear the Doctor (they've been fighting immortals forever and a day, what's one more?), and it would be fiendishly difficult (pun duly intended) to predict what they were going to blow up next because they probably wouldn't even know themselves. Add in fiendish spell-like abilities, and you have a huge problem on your hands.

Thoughts? Criticisms? Suggestions...? :P
A G Thing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Location: Currently the Frozen Wastes of Mount Pleasant Michigan

Re: Dalek geekery

Post by A G Thing »

Well the Doctor tends to run into things like that as well and improvises fairly decently in most situations. While the demon possessed Daleks would not be thinking beyond the next kill the Doctor with his sexy brain most likely would still be thinking. Most likely if they have no plan the Doctor would just open some sort of gateway to some parallel world or find some sort of obscure energy signature common to the entities that will destroy, deactivate or negate them. Realistically the Doctor is a Deus-Ex-Machina-Machine making the impossible manifest out of nowhere at exactly the right time but hidden under the guise of his massive berth of intelligence. Basically he would win but I imagine that he might have to brake some laws of time travel to negate some of the damage.
"There is only one true answer to any and every question. The rest are just vagaries and obfuscations."
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Dalek geekery

Post by Rock of the Fraternity »

The only times the Doctor ever loses are when his enemies successfully use reverse psychology against him, aren't they?