Discussing all things Ravenloft
Baron Zamedi
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Halloween is coming

Post by Baron Zamedi »

It's that magical time of the year again, halloween's almost here. :D

So what are your plans for this year?

I plan to get together with some friends early and run "Hour of the Knife" for them then in the night going to a midnight tour through a very old and big cemetery, should be fun. :azalin:

Go ahead and share your plans for everyone's favourite hollyday.
"Man is born free, but everywhere he is in chains."
Isabella
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Halloween is coming

Post by Isabella »

Attending a friend's wedding.

That ought to be a fun anniversary.
"No, but evil is still being — Is having reason — Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
HuManBing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by HuManBing »

Ooh! Are they getting married in costume? :)

That would be awesome. If not, they could still celebrate the anniversaries in style! :)
Loethadai the Lurker
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Loethadai the Lurker »

Oh, I haven't yet planned anything for Halloween, but I think I'll at the very least have a "Horror Movie" night with friends, and family. Every year I do this, and watch at least one classic film, and almost always include Stephen Kings "Rose Red". One of the best paranormal Gothic Horror films out there. As for the rest, we'll see.

I think it's great that your doing "Hour of the Knife". It's funny, I just read through that module a couple of nights ago, and it's still one of my favorites after all these years, but if you've gathered anything about me from my other posts, you can see I'm a sucker for Victorian Era Horror. :wink:
Isabella
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Isabella »

HuManBing wrote:Ooh! Are they getting married in costume? :)

That would be awesome. If not, they could still celebrate the anniversaries in style! :)
Venetian masks, it sounds like. I'm not sure where I'm going to find one to wear to the wedding in time, though. :|
"No, but evil is still being — Is having reason — Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
Loethadai the Lurker
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Loethadai the Lurker »

Venetian masks, it sounds like. I'm not sure where I'm going to find one to wear to the wedding in time, though.
That is just too cool!! 8)
HuManBing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by HuManBing »

Eyes Wide Shut style?
Brandi
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Brandi »

Probably still working on this damn bathroom.
monty--
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by monty-- »

Playing Banjo Kazooie's Mad Monster Mansion level. It has a very good gothic atmosphere.

Enjoy! The music's great too!
Jester of the FoS
Jester of the Dark Comedy
Jester of the Dark Comedy

Post by Jester of the FoS »

My school is celebrating on the 29th and I'll likely be hanging with the with and (hopefully) the newborn on the actual big night.
Baron Zamedi
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Baron Zamedi »

I think it's great that your doing "Hour of the Knife". It's funny, I just read through that module a couple of nights ago, and it's still one of my favorites after all these years, but if you've gathered anything about me from my other posts, you can see I'm a sucker for Victorian Era Horror.
Hey if you liked "Hour of the Knife" make sure you try "Shadow of the Knife" the unofficial sequel available here http://www.kargatane.com/ in my opinion it's even better than HotK.
"Man is born free, but everywhere he is in chains."
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

I'm throwing my annual Halloween party, which this year is taking place on the 30th. Every year I try to get everyone together for a night of drinking, board games, music and horror movies.
Unfortunately this year I won't be able to borrow my friends projector due to falling out of touch. But it will be a good time regardless.
On Halloween night I plan on carrying out my usual tradition of watching Tim Burton flicks while handing out candy.
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Rock of the Fraternity »

We don't really celebrate Halloween where I live. There's some stuff for the kiddies in at least one toy store I know, but apart from there being Halloween movies, I don't really see anything happening.
Dion of the Fraternity
Lurker Maximus
Lurker Maximus

Post by Dion of the Fraternity »

Me and my friends are planning some sort of haunted house tour on the 30th and the 31st, considering that we live in the most haunted city in the Philippines.

Meanwhile, some time between Oct. 30 and Nov. 1, watch the new Midway Haven site for a download or two. It's a blast from the past, in 4e. :)
Ail
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ail »

On the 31st, I'll probably sleeping sound and fast to catch a plane at 6am. I don't know if I'll have anything on the 30th, though :/, as I'll be in the UK and that is a very haunted land, so I hear....
Zumba d'Oxossi (A Stitch in Souragne)
Brother Eustace (The Devil's Dreams)
Robert de Moureaux (A New Barovia)