The Darkening

Online roleplaying at the Café
Ingrid
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Ingrid »

Know how to avoid what? Are you talking to Squeakers again?
whalejudge
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by whalejudge »

John Merino wrote:Leave this job to me.
Gotcha, Boss. *twitches his nose* Um, Boss, if you go down, do they still rescue Indis?

(DM voice--if the rest of you want to answer that question OOC, feel free)
John Merino
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by John Merino »

Sorry. I know how to avoid the spells he was using, and in any case would much rather he target me than one of you.

In abyssal, It's not up to me what they do when I'm gone, nor would I try to impress my desires upon them. Therefore I will not ask them to do so nor make inquiries regarding.

Back in Balak, Thank you for coming with me Ingrid. I may not show it much, but I greatly appreciate any assistance you give. You have such a very large myriad of skills that have proven above and beyond what I can do. I don't think we would've gotten anywhere near that tower without you. John sighs, and adds, I know it's way too much to ask, but please trust me when we get in battles. I know I've mostly been making fun of you for it, but it's sometimes hard to show just how personally I take things like you being turned into rabbits or Usurian dying. In the end, I feel as if all of it is my fault for not being a better wizard. The jokes are just a defense mechanism.
GHOST NAPPA!
whalejudge
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by whalejudge »

Well, yeah, boss. But they're useful meat shields for you. If they're along you're more likely to survive to rescue Indis, since you're the only two legs along that cares about her.
John Merino
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by John Merino »

Dismissing Squeakers, John turns to Ingrid So, what do you think? Back to Souragne to pick up that voodoo thing?
GHOST NAPPA!
whalejudge
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

The Darkest of Lords Speaks

Post by whalejudge »

By "dismiss" I assume you mean ignore, not "you're no longer my familiar".

And technically it's "Voodan", not "Voodoo".
John Merino
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by John Merino »

Yes, dismissing as "ignores and turns his attention elsewhere."

And sure, voodan :P
GHOST NAPPA!
whalejudge
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by whalejudge »

*Squeakers dances for joy that he gets to stay with his master.*
John Merino
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by John Merino »

John mutteres some words to himself in abyssal, Gods dammit... before walking up to Ingrid. In Balak he says, I hate that I have to do this, and gives Ingrid a big hug. I'm sorry you're separated from your home land and home time. I will also trust your judgment with the Paladin and discontinue harassing him. It's not much, but after this is all over I think you should stay with me and Indis. We're both powerful spellcasters and you're extraordinarily intelligent, and I bet between the three of us we could find a way to get you back home. If not... well I don't intend on living in squalor wherever I go, so we share that goal in common... and again, we're both quite intelligent, and I'm sure we can figure something out. We do have a rather sizable nest-egg.
GHOST NAPPA!
whalejudge
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by whalejudge »

Most Excellent. I've been telling you you can handle four mates! She's look really hot in a chain mail bikini, don't you think, Boss?
Emma
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Emma »

OOC: Emma would probably try and rescue Indis herself, though i'm not sure if she'd be capable of doing it without John. Resurrecting Benji is her second priority considering he's not going to get any dead-er.

After Bhorg hits John and the groups get separated in the mists...

Emma stands next to Bhorg, unable to leave him to be lost alone. "What the hell were you thinking!? You can't possible be that stupid!" Emma looks furious. "You could have very well cost us our lives! We needed everything John had."

Bhorg looks stupified. "I...don't know; I asked Thor to lend me the strength, if he wills it to strike upon a follower of chaos and trickery or if maybe he had wisdom like Odin. This could be a big trick, but he's been too good. Look, I am just trying to figure out why I am here. Why have the Arin put me here, if I have failed."

Emma, not recognising any of the names, assumes that they[re people from Bhorg's homeland. "Of course he's good! We've been nothing but kind to you. Why would you think otherwise?"

"Because, I... just know." He seems hard at explaining. "Look, I just fight who the Asir.. the gods tell me. Those that are tricksters and demons. John, seems like one, he is probably just under a curse or spell. If he is really..." He pauses. "You have been kind, you really have... even if we were to fight it would be an honor. But for now, it is only right by Thor that I return your graces." He pauses, "I'd only love to fight in this adventure!" He smiles. "I've got a hammer and pride."

Emma shakes her head in confusion and then shifts the conversation to her plans to get out of the mist and find the others. She ties the reigns of Bhorg's blind horse to her own horse and then directs Bhorg to climb onto her horse. The pair meet the others when they get out of the mist...
Last edited by Emma on Mon May 17, 2010 7:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
John Merino
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by John Merino »

Excellently written as usual!
GHOST NAPPA!
Emma
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Emma »

On the night that John entered Emma's chambers to speak...

Emma hears the knocking on her door and gets up, only slightly surprised when she sees John enter before she has a chance to answer. As he approaches the bed to sit down, she follows, taking a seat beside him. Normally she would smile and greet John happily, but something about his expression and the way he carried himself told Emma that what he wanted to talk about was serious. As he mentioned Usurian, Emma felt her hands clench into tight fists. It had been so difficult for her to speak about what had happened. She had only just met up with her father-figure days before and already he was gone. As John consoled her and reminded her that what had happened was not her fault, Emma smiled lightly, eyes moist with tears she fought back. He was right and although she understood that, it was difficult to reassure her aching heart.

As John continued, Emma remained silent, lifting a hand quietly to wipe away some built up moisture at the corners of her eyes. It seemed to Emma as though John was using her as a confessional, releasing himself of many burdens he had kept to himself during their travels. When he mentioned her mother, however, Emma was confused. "blackmail..?" she whispered quietly. She was not really asking him, but simply repeating what he had said to herself so it could sink in. When they had stumbled across one another Emma had found it strange that John sought her out so late into their lives, but believed he had only wanted to find the half sibling he had been told about. Had she known about him, she might have done the same. But this... she felt a knot form in her stomach at the thought that everything he might have told her was a lie. She in no way hated her brother, but a part of her felt betrayed and hurt.

Emma followed John to stand as he approached the door. She couldn't have him leave already. She had so many questions to ask. As John paused in the doorway, Emma stopped behind him, ears lowered sadly and brows furrowed. It seemed he knew all of the questions she wanted to ask him and as he further unfolded the story, she felt her stomach settle and a sad smile appear on her face. He was not telling her these things to hurt her, but to come clean about his original intentions - which she felt confident had not been his intentions for some time. How could she hate him for making a mistake, recognising that and still coming clean to retain the honesty of their relationship?

His story continued to detail his thoughts on their future together and the role Emma might play as an aunt to his children. Despite their blossoming relationship, Emma had never imagined a place so dear to her brother. She always believed that after they found Indis, John would leave to start a new life without her. With John's back to her, Emma could not see his tears falling, but by the way his body shook and his words seemed to be spoken with a struggle, Emma knew. Her own eyes watered in response to seeing her brother in such pain. She could not imagine how difficult it was for him to admit all of this to her, especially when he knew how badly she'd been hurt before in the past. John always sheltered Emma, but for once he took the route that might hurt her so that she could trust him.

As John turned around to face Emma, he saw a reflection of his own, the image of his sister as distraught as he was, but filled with as much love for her brother as the day she found him again. She opened her mouth to speak and reached out a hand to console him, but he turned quickly and departed before she could say anything.

Emma's mouth shut and she fell to her bed in tears.
John Merino
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by John Merino »

Right just wanted to say that my previous post was in reference to the post above this one, but Emma decided to switch post orders which means things got confusing.
Last edited by John Merino on Mon May 17, 2010 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GHOST NAPPA!
Emma
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Emma »

After her conversation with John, Emma wasn't sure how to approach him. The way he finished so conclusively and turned away from her company before she had an opportunity to speak gave her the impression that he didn't want to hear anything from her. When she had finally gathered the courage to seek him out while he was in his chambers on the ship, the drama regarding Bhorg and the captain's daughter ensued and the group acted so quickly that there wasn't a moment that she could set aside for their conversation.

When they reached land, the conflict between Bhorg and John resurfaced and Emma was forced to choose sides when she believed neither man to be correct. The fights with her brother seemed to be getting worse and he was beginning to act coldly towards her. The conversation continued to be pushed back until Emma wasn't sure there would ever be a chance to bring it up again. In fact, it had seemed to Emma that her choice of staying back in Bhorg's company may have cost her any trust and respect she had earned from her brother.

During there time on the island as they waited for a second ship to set sail, Emma did her best to stay out of everyone's hair. She kept to herself, writing in her journal and still trying to teach herself the flute. Coming home from a brief walk and returning to the inn, Emma couldn't help but walk past both Ingrid and John in the midst of their conversation. She missed everything important, but did hear a very excitable Squeakers appear to propose something to her brother.