Now that’s a Baron Eversong!!!!!

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Herman Strauss
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Now that’s a Baron Eversong!!!!!

Post by Herman Strauss »

I am referring to Forte from “Beauty and the Beast: The Enchanted Christmas”. The film is basically a lousy commercial direct-to-video-release # 2.

The idea, however, for the animated church organ and its powers would be great for the Darklord. It's not a harpsichord, but those are some bardic music effects!!!
Nature offers the sick and dying.
We offer the best we have.
That's why the Gods prefer our sacrifices!
Yaoi Huntress Earth
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Yaoi Huntress Earth »

That sounds cool. Maybe his curse would be that since he can't move, he can't share his music and has to lure people there.
I'm a deviant: yaoi-huntress-earth.deviantart.com
Intrepid
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Intrepid »

I have an idea here...

Jacques was born to a famous musician who wanted his son to follow in his footsteps. As he grew into a young boy Jacques was forced to endure hours of practice and was brutally punished for the slightest mistake. Over time he grew to hate not only his father but music in general. Finally one night he snaps and impales his father on one of the organ pipes killing him. At this point the dark powers claim Jacques.

Now Jacques is compelled by a curse to continue playing his music, but the dark powers allow his music to affect the real world in some way (this will take some work) even though he still hates the music he plays, he is addicted to the power he gains from it.

A bit rough but I think there is something there...
Please visit [url]http://www.gofundme.com/serenem[/url]
Nukdai
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Nukdai »

for the effect his power has on the "real" world it seeps into the lives of young proteges like a parasite gifting them with talent beyond belief by slowly twisting them into pawns of Jacques' will and eventually into doorways for him to influence the world much like an Eidolon spirit
Intrepid
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Intrepid »

Oh, I like that!

Maybe he plays his music in the forgotten basement of a musical college and on occasion a truly gifted musician hears the music and is consumed with it, eventually finding Jacques who starts to teach them but slowly takes their soul until they become little more than husks....
Nukdai
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Nukdai »

forced to play by his demanding father until he got it right his spirit now forces musicians to obsess over an opus that never comes ruining their lives and those around them
Intrepid
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Intrepid »

But what makes this tale even more sad is that Jacques could be freed from the misery of his existence if he actually allowed one of his students to complete their Opus, instead he constantly finds way to keep it from being completed...
Nukdai
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Nukdai »

muuhahahahah i love it
Brandi
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Brandi »

Intrepid wrote:Oh, I like that!

Maybe he plays his music in the forgotten basement of a musical college and on occasion a truly gifted musician hears the music and is consumed with it, eventually finding Jacques who starts to teach them but slowly takes their soul until they become little more than husks....
Sounds a bit like the Victorian ghost story "The Haunted Organist of Hurly-Burly" (which is not as comical as that title makes it sound).
Intrepid
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Intrepid »

A thousand monkeys typing on a typewriter LOL

haven't read the story but will be sure to check it out. Umm, where might I find it?
The Giamarga
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Giamarga »

Nukdai
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Nukdai »

sounds like a good one I'll have to get that one at the library....yes the library not this demonic internet :twisted:
Brandi
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Brandi »

Intrepid wrote:A thousand monkeys typing on a typewriter LOL

haven't read the story but will be sure to check it out. Umm, where might I find it?
More seriously, if Google hasn't spit it up it's in Victorian Ghost Stories: An Oxford Anthology-- though it's probably old enough to be available as a public domain e-text.
The Giamarga
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Giamarga »

I was serious. Click on the link in my post above and you'll find the text of the story. It's available online and for free.
Intrepid
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Intrepid »

Damn good story, thanks for the link.