Kartakass: Interlude in Martira Bay

Online roleplaying at the Café
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

William replies rather dully, "It isn't me that I am worried about." He takes a sip from his tea.

"Listen Delsenora, Yer livin a nice fantasy, all that free livin and such wot not. Ye need to understand that ye can affect anyone around ye without realizin yer doin it. Ye have probably not noticed having run a solo operation for so long, but when ye work in a team, yer mates can end up dead because ye've done somethin stupid.
You may think you know a lot, and I am sure you do. But when you are surrounded by those you care about, ye play by a different set of rules."
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Delsenora listens to William. "I think I know what you're getting at. Listen, I've worked alone for most of my life. I'll take your advice to heart and be more careful in the future, I promise. I haven't got where I am today by being reckless, now have I? It's been close to 10 years now that I've been here. I may appear to be carefree and careless to you, but I am far from it, I can assure you. Look," and the dark elf woman slips back into the shadows of the Inn to reemerge as a human male.

Looking at Willliam she winks and sits back down. "I've this item that let's me change faces, and races if I have to. You've seen me as my own real self, but I change quite often. In fact, I almost make it a ritual to observe people in the streets so I can assume their shapes and faces. I really do take precautions, William."

Leaning in, and now looking like herself she says "The way I act in front of others is in fact an act. I'm pretty adept at that and I think you'll agree. Remember when I nearly shot you? I am very much like that as a matter of fact. I am telling you this because I think you need to understand me and get to know me. I think I judged you right in the sense you are partly of the same type of person* as I am. Was I mistaken?"

*By that Del is implying William is a Rogue as she is.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Cornelius, still working hard at the library, has half-filled a small book with notes and maps pertaining to Barovia. He includes some basic information on the eastern route to reach the country [down through the mountains and across Nova Vaasa].

This quick copying spell is an enormous time saver! I'll have to share it with Van and Lucius.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

William listens as Delsenora says her piece. Once she has finished, he responds, almost in a calculated way.

"I don't know what ya mean about being the same type of person. I have never played the role of the highwayman with a heart of gold. I am just a sailor without his sea."*

Taking another sip of tea, he continues.

"One of your methods has a major flaw in it, Delsenora. You say you watch people in the street and assume their likenesses. Have you ever considered if one of these people gets the hang mans nooses for being spotted committing one of your crimes? That is the sort of recklessness I am referring to. You may never get caught and you may never get hurt, but eventually someone else will due to your methods."

*William wouldn't consider himself a Rogue. More of a former tradesman with no real aptitude for direct combat methods who has learned to fight on his own means.
Ail
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ail »

After leaving Jacob's house, Lucius heads for the temple, in search of Dentor and Dubois. During the way, he recalls he still has to pass by the library and settle about copying Cornelius' spell for suppressing lycanthropy.

I need eight hours at least... it would be good if I handled it today completely and got that taken care of. But now the temple.

He hastes to the church and within a few minutes he's knocking at the door, and asking to see father Dentor.
Zumba d'Oxossi (A Stitch in Souragne)
Brother Eustace (The Devil's Dreams)
Robert de Moureaux (A New Barovia)