The Vampire Diaries Fall 2009

Books, movies, television and everything else
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

The Vampire Diaries Fall 2009

Post by steveflam »

I keep seeing commercials for this show but know nothing about.

Can anyone please elaborate on what it is about? Is it taken from books?
Catman Jim
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Catman Jim »

Here's links to the show's site:

http://www.cwtv.com/shows/the-vampire-diaries

and a trailer:

The author's website:

http://www.vampirediaries.net/

and a Wiki that sums up the series:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Vampire_Diaries

I had never heard of it before right now, looks like they are trying to capitalize on the "Twilight" craze. Just makes me miss Buffy all the more.
I only wish I had retired sooner!
Ornum
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Ornum »

Catman Jim wrote:I had never heard of it before right now, looks like they are trying to capitalize on the "Twilight" craze. Just makes me miss Buffy all the more.
Though it is an existing book series, I'd say that the Twilight success is the very reason this thing is coming to TV. I'll stick with True Blood on HBO.
JinnTolser
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by JinnTolser »

I read the wikipedia article. The original trilogy doesn't sound that bad, though certainly not amazing. It looks like it's all downhill from there, though.

I don't see how it could be any worse than, or even as bad as, Twilight.
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Post by Wiccy of the Fraternity »

Ornum wrote:
Catman Jim wrote:I had never heard of it before right now, looks like they are trying to capitalize on the "Twilight" craze. Just makes me miss Buffy all the more.
Though it is an existing book series, I'd say that the Twilight success is the very reason this thing is coming to TV. I'll stick with True Blood on HBO.
Ditto. I took a look at The Vampire Diaries and must admit, it's the first book I've given away since getting my hands on The Da Vinci Code.
Swallow your soul!
Ornum
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Ornum »

Wiccy of the Fraternity wrote:
Ornum wrote:
Ditto. I took a look at The Vampire Diaries and must admit, it's the first book I've given away since getting my hands on The Da Vinci Code.
I should really pay attention to what I buy. Bought the first book (three stories combined in one volumn) for the wife so that she could have something to read after she was admitted to the hospital this week for what turned out to be pancreantitus (or however you spell it). She seems to enjoy it, so I'm sure she'll want to watch the series AND read the other two compilations. It didn't help that the main character in the first story was also in the hospital and had to undergo the same tests that the wife did.

Edit: Wait, I bought her the first book of the Night World compilation, which is from the same author. Of course, she likes it enough that she wants to watch Vampire Diaries this fall.