The Fall of House Pancrazio Chapter Two

Online roleplaying at the Café
JMaytr
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by JMaytr »

Goran finds nothing unusual inside the coffin. It has not been disturbed on the inside nor out. Whatever the creature was the group faced the night before, it was not Luisa Pancrazio.

The hall leading to the next burial chamber, where after a week Luisia's coffin would be moved to, is well lit from the sunlight that spills in through the open door of the family crypt. The room beyond is half lit from the invading light, and a couple of rows of coffins can be seen.

AT THE MANOR-

Emilio nods to Harold a sad look on his face, but the tone he uses is stern. One that he hopes relays the message that he is in charge.

"Yes it's a sad affair the household coffers these days. Luisa had hidden away the family fortunes because of the terrible costs to rebuild the manor following the fire ten years past. I'm afraid she passed without telling master Roderigo where she'd hidden it."
Emilio says this last part with a coy smile.

"However, I do know that the huntsman Tristan takes great care of the beasts and this poor animals death will cause him the same anguish as losing Mariabella has caused me. I will fetch Master Roderigo. I am sure he has tasks for you regarding Miss Phebe."
"Seven Seals...Seven Rings...Seven Brides for the Scarlet King..."
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Rock of the Fraternity »

"My apologies and condolences to you, Emilio," Harold says after a brief pause. "I spoke without regard for your berievement. If ever you should feel the need to talk, or simply to be heard ... Feel free to avail yourself of my services."
PathOfDreams
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by PathOfDreams »

Goran gathers his weapon from the floor of the crypt and passes once again back into the cool morning breeze.

"You must pardon me, Julian, for having doubted you. It was, however, worth it I suppose. Now we know, without speculations to burden us further." He pauses for a moment to secure his longsword and to briefly wipe his brow. "I think to return to the homestead is most prudent now. I'll see to the priest and the half-man while you secure the crypt."

He takes off into a sprint through the field of the dead, heade in the direction of the gate where Tuke watches over the priest and the steeds.
The Fall of House Pancrazio
Goran Pancrazio - http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.p ... tid=165152
Ghosts of Gauntcliff
Petrie MacLugash - http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.p ... tid=339286
RocEter
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by RocEter »

Julian watches as his cousin sprints back the unconscious priest and the halfling.

Turning around he walk back to the crypt "Come Tristan we return back to the Manor. We shall speak with my uncle and see what he wishes us to do next."

Julian waits for Tristan to leave the crypt before closing the doors.
History prefers legends to men. It prefers nobility to brutality, soaring speeches to quiet deeds. History remembers the battle and forgets the blood. What ever history remembers of me if it remembers me at all, it shall only be the fraction of the truth.
Griselda
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Griselda »

Agna closes Magenta's door behind her and exhales with relief, feeling like a mouse that has escaped the cat. She tries to collect her thoughts and plan out some course of action. Seeing the door to her own room, she remembers her clothes from yesterday, stained with blood, spices and Ezra-only-knows from last night's... adventure. Who knows when she'll get to the wash, but at least she can put them to soak.

The door to Mariabella's side is slightly ajar -- perhaps a draft blew it open some time in the evening. Agna reaches over to close it without looking into the woman's chamber. It feels strange and difficult to remember that Mariabella is dead, in spite of the image that continually returns every time Agna thinks of her. I wonder if Emilio and Master have made any decision on how they'll take care of Mariabella. Probably not yet.

Taking the back stairs, Agna returns to the kitchen and sets her dress, apron and petticoat soaking in a dishpan of cold water under the sink. The kitchen looks empty and cold without Mariabella bustling and muttering around. Agna opens a window, trying to let in fresh air and wake herself further. Lunch will be looming on the horizon, and given breakfast's poor show, she must put out a better noon effort. At the very least, fresh bread needs making, so she sets about getting dough rising, bolstering her flagging energy with swallows of cold tea and snatches of song. Glancing at the white porcelain teapot, she wonders where the rest of upstairs is. Julian and Goran went out to the tomb, Magenta's at her mischief, but where are the rest? They must be all sleeping late, given the excitement of last night. Still, it seems strange not to hear from anyone, especially Master Roderigo, who is not usually given to late-rising. She hopes uneasily that there aren't some new surprises awaiting discovery.

With bread rising, dishes in the sink, clothes soaking and things quiet for the moment (or until the bread finishes, or someone calls, or a mess needs clearing, or....), Agna goes into the larder to finish her interrupted work of last night -- sifting through the ash bucket for the latest news. (1)

(1) Gather Information check = 25
Irving the Meek
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Irving the Meek »

Gorin finds Tuke seated on the priest's chest, munching on peanuts without an apparent care in the world. "Oi, good sir. How was the crypt? Boared... I mean, bored already?"
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Tristan follows Goran and Julian out of the cyrpt.

One the way back to the horses he addresses Julian.

''Ah, Sir Julian, will we be looking into that tunnel, the one in the greenhouse? I'm curious to see where it may lead.''
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
RocEter
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by RocEter »

Looking over to Tristan as they walk Julian responds

"We shall see, I too wish to check into this tunnel under the green house. However we will have to see what my uncle wishes us to do, after we tell him it wasn't Aunt Luisa you killed last night. Thank Ezra for that."
History prefers legends to men. It prefers nobility to brutality, soaring speeches to quiet deeds. History remembers the battle and forgets the blood. What ever history remembers of me if it remembers me at all, it shall only be the fraction of the truth.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Tristan adds-

''Oh, I'm certain he'll want us to investigate- he mentioned it this morning. ''

Tristan pauses for a moment to regard Tuke as the halfling squats atop the still-senseless priest, idly munching on goober peas.

''Ah....Tuke, I don't suppose you tried to render some sort of aid to the poor fellow?''
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

Irving the Meek
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Tuke flushes a bit guiltily. "The poor man seems to have been a bit vaporish. There's little anyone can do for him save let him rest and pray, I suspect." Embarrassed, Tuke tries to think of something useful to offer. "Um... would you like a peanut?"
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

''Peanut? Sure!''

Tristan glady takes the peanut from Tuke, shells it and eats it.

Then he walks over to the party's mounts and attends to them, giving them all a little water and checking their hooves for stones.

Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

"Well that was a waste of time ." Tahl says under his breath as he walks back to the horse's to check and ready his mount for the ride back to the manor .
"Evil only endures when good people remain silent ."
Tony inspired by Thomas Jefferson .
PathOfDreams
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by PathOfDreams »

"What shall we do with him?" Goran questions, but to no one in particular.

After catching his breath, and feeling a bit more life in himself, he squats next to the priest. There, he slaps him in the jowls a few times to attempt to wake him...

"I think it best FunnyMan, if you were to remove yourself from atop the poor priest."
The Fall of House Pancrazio
Goran Pancrazio - http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.p ... tid=165152
Ghosts of Gauntcliff
Petrie MacLugash - http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.p ... tid=339286
Irving the Meek
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Tuke nimbly hops off of his ecclesiastical seat. "So, what was in the tomb?"
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Tristan removes a green apple from his haversack, quarters it with his claspknife, and then feeds the chunks of fruit to the horses. After the animals have been fed and watered, he makes certain they are ready for travel and then patiently waits for the party to depart for Pancrazio Manor.