Need help.

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Tykus
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Need help.

Post by Tykus »

Can't find my issue of Dungeon that has the pocket domain The Aerie. I remember the villians and I could probably wing most of the plot; but if anyone knows where I can get a d/l copy it would be greatly appreciated.
Hindsight is, after all, caused by a lack of foresight.

Death rates exceeded 100% in some towns.

Charles V spent most of his reign aging.

This was beginning of Empire, when Europeans felt the need to reach out and smack someone
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Sadly, I don't think it's available anymore through proper channels.

But perhaps the lost download faerie will drop a copy in your email.... :banshee:
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
EO
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by EO »

Which Dungeon issue was it in?
Catman Jim
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Catman Jim »

Dungeon #58, April 1996, had an article called "The Baron's Eyrie".
I only wish I had retired sooner!
Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

About six month before the announcement that Dragon mag was back at WotC's, I asked a few top people if the FoS could host "lost" material of that kind - older articles and adventures from Dragon and Dungeon.

I also proposed that we would not host things that Paizo was still trying to sell from their back catalog list, i.e. if it was still available at Paizo to buy, we would not host it, and instead provide a link, until Paizo could sell its all its back stock of that issue.

Got an enthousiastic yes from Erik Mona, who thought it was a great idea. Ezra bless him, he's realy a good guy who loves this hobby.

The guys at WotC? Asked a few times to the top people at that time (they were later fired IIRC), showing Erik's support, and I didn't even got an answer.

Really, I'm going to say this again, I'm not sure what my recommendation would be if WotC wanted us to be the official RL fan site... Especially if it came with restrictions and bla bla bla...

Joël
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
The Giamarga
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Giamarga »

Catman Jim
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Catman Jim »

Thanks Frank! I see both Joel & me listed on the credits as proofreaders for the Kargatane, that seems a very long time ago! :azalin:
I only wish I had retired sooner!