Ravenloft

PC roster

Bennedict Gehrman, played by Adam
Dorgio Varga, played by BrockMarshRunoff
? played by RocEtr
Sara Croft, played by Van
Raen, played by Alhoon
? played by Steve Flam
Last edited by ewancummins on Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: RAVENLOFT: The One That Got Away OOC

Post by ewancummins »

Start up scene:

Charlotte has asked Benn to invite his friends and companions to supper.

You may post the arrival of you PC, gave him already be present, etc.

Please include a description of your PC.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

ewancummins wrote:? played by Alhoon
I would like to keep Raen, the Darkonese wizard that thinks it's his duty to protect the world if possible.

In the time lapse, during his time working for the gendarme and offering his services as wizard-for-hire, did he earn enough money to finish renovating the house he got with Steve's PC?
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

alhoon wrote:
ewancummins wrote:? played by Alhoon
I would like to keep Raen, the Darkonese wizard that thinks it's his duty to protect the world if possible.

In the time lapse, during his time working for the gendarme and offering his services as wizard-for-hire, did he earn enough money to finish renovating the house he got with Steve's PC?

Yes.

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Events of the last three years

1 The gendarmie of Pont-a-Museau is in the slow, incremental process of reform and reorganization according to something called "The Zherisian model."
Now it includes some detectives of its own, where once it had to rely on private parties for any investigative work more sophisticated than beating up riff raff and asking questions at taverns. But it's still basically a public order/brute squad force. And its investigators are not as good as the good private ones.

Knowledge local DC 10 for Pont-a-Museau residents, DC 15 for Visitors

(This shift toward a somewhat more professional force reflects that party's past work with Captain Thibault, the influence of Dorgio's pamphlet about The Woman-Killer, and other factors. It tracks with info in Adam's recent post)

A fresh wave of Falkovnian refugees, many maimed or insane, have hit the city. These pathetic wretches now dwell in The Ghost Streets of the Eastside, a region of derelict houses and masonry ruins.
They bring news of mass impalements beyond the usual scale of butchery in their grim homeland; Vlad Drakov has declared total war on a blood drinking cult of monsters, and anyone even suspected of being a member is liable to be staked and burned. At the same time.

With so many refugees having come into the city from various places over the past eight years, the safer zones have filled. Food prices have gone up, though not so high tradesmen cannot afford to feed their families. The gendarmes mostly ignore the newcomers unless they make trouble-- then the city guards will crack heads.

Knowledge Local DC 8
DC 13 for strangers who just arrived

3 very recent...
The end-of-summer masquerade ball is coming soon. Rumor has it Lady Renier will make an important announcement at the unmasking.

Knowledge Nobility and Royalty DC 10
Last edited by ewancummins on Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

Now I've given Ewan two kids to throw off cliffs. I don't know what the hell I was thinking.
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Jump skill is not just for fighters.

Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

Ahhhh I forgot about Norzak's shadow!

Steve, can I get a refresher on Jeurgin?
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Is Raen invited?
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Brock Marsh Runoff wrote:Ahhhh I forgot about Norzak's shadow!

I'll give you one.

Juergin was a boy on Gauntcliff. A nautical sort.
An orphan, maybe.

Something
VIEW CONTENT:
terrible and strange happened to him in the hunt for Fredrik Dodds (the painter's ghost who could enter dreams, a monster that preyed on children) the exact nature of which Dorgio has never learned.
The boy changed.
His pearly whites were replaced by shark teeth. Dorgio is unlikely to have forgotten the sight. Or how Denys Sancerre roused a mob to go after 'the devil child."

And the boy's shadow moved of its own accord. It knew things about Dorgio.
It whispered in Norzak's voice, and seemed to be Norzak in some sense, even possessing a dwarflike shape. But it did not seem to beundead.

Dorgio surely remembers being introduced to the two child-snatching, one-eyed, goblinlike creatures that emerged from under Juergin's bed. (You described his reaction as revulsion and controlled horror).
The ugly, stupid little humanoids proved helpful to the party, though, turning as they did on Dodds.
Ben probably hasn't forgotten this stuff, either.

He may have forgotten
VIEW CONTENT:
that he invited the kid to look him up if Juergin were ever in town...
If Steve wants to add details, he can.

This material is all from Ghosts of Gauntcliff.
Last edited by ewancummins on Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

alhoon wrote:Is Raen invited?
Yes

steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

ewancummins wrote:
Brock Marsh Runoff wrote:Ahhhh I forgot about Norzak's shadow!

I'll give you one.

Juergin was a boy on Gauntcliff. A nautical sort.
An orphan, maybe.

Something
VIEW CONTENT:
terrible and strange happened to him in the hunt for Fredrik Dodds (the painter's ghost who could enter dreams, a monster that preyed on children) the exact nature of which Dorgio has never learned.
The boy changed.
His pearly whites were replaced by shark teeth. Dorgio is unlikely to have forgotten the sight. Or how Denys Sancerre roused a mob to go after 'the devil child."

And the boy's shadow moved of its own accord. It knew things about Dorgio.
It whispered in Norzak's voice, and seemed to be Norzak in some sense, even possessing a dwarflike shape. But it did not seem to beundead.

Dorgio surely remembers being introduced to the two child-snatching, one-eyed, goblinlike creatures that emerged from under Juergin's bed. (You described his reaction as revulsion and controlled horror).
The ugly, stupid little humanoids proved helpful to the party, though, turning as they did on Dodds.
Ben probably hasn't forgotten this stuff, either.

He may have forgotten
VIEW CONTENT:
that he invited the kid to look him up if Juergin were ever in town...
If Steve wants to add details, he can.

This material is all from Ghosts of Gauntcliff.
You've a better memory than I for these matters :)

Juergin is older, more mature and has travelled much since 3-4 years.
Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Haha thanks. I'm getting caught up on Ghosts of Gauntcliff chapters 6 and 7 now and will post after that.

<3 Gruz & Smezel

EDIT: Okay who drew this? This is the best.
VIEW CONTENT:
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Brock Marsh Runoff wrote:Haha thanks. I'm getting caught up on Ghosts of Gauntcliff chapters 6 and 7 now and will post after that.

<3 Gruz & Smezel

EDIT: Okay who drew this? This is the best.
VIEW CONTENT:
I drew that.

Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Awesome.

PS, we have a really bad track record of letting minors get corrupted by shapeshifters. And given how many of the PCs have children now, I don't like our odds... :lucas: