Wolfwere Pathfinder Stats Attempt

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Wolfwere Pathfinder Stats Attempt

Post by Zilfer »

Trying to actually build a monster for a PbP game I'm doing with a friend. I usually don't build monsters I usually just use premade stats so hopefully I don't make too many errors.... trying to use ryan's rules for Tricker Beast on a Wolf to get a Wolfwere.....

For my Campaign the creature probably wouldn't use anything more obvious than a Dagger or a Rapier so i'll be using that as the weapon but feel free to change if you like.

If someone would like to double check that'd be awesome too. XD I think I got everything that I could....

-------------------------
Trickster Beast (Wolfwere) CR 3?
XP 800
CE Medium Magical Beast
Init +4 Senses Darkvision 60 ft., Scent; Perception +10

DEFENSE
AC 19, touch 15, flat-footed 14 (+4 Dex, +4 natural, +1 Dodge) as wolf and hybrid, 19, Touch 15, Flat-footed 14 (+2 Armor, +4 Dex, +2 Natural, +1 Dodge) as human
hp: 30hp (4d10+8 con)
Fort +6, Ref +9, Will +2
Defensive Abilities
DR: 5/Cold Iron
Immune: None
Resist: 15 SR

OFFENSE
Speed: 50 ft.
Melee: Bite +6 (1d8+3? plus Trip) as Wolf; Rapier +7 (1d6+2/18-20), Bite +1 (1d8+1 plus trip) as Hybrid; Rapier +7 (1d6+2/18-20)
Special Attacks: Lethargy

STATISTICS
Str 15, Dex 19, Con 15, Int 12, Wis 12, Cha 12
Base Atk +4 CMB +6 CMD 20 (24 vs Trip?)
Feats: Skill Focus (Perception), Improved Natural Attack
Skills: Acrobatics +6, Perception +10, Stealth +11, Survival +6 (+10 with Scent); Racial Modifiers +8 Disguise as wolf, +4 Survival when tracking by scent
Languages: Mordentish, Balok
SQ
Animal Empathy (Ex): A trickster beast can communicate and empathize with creatures related to the base creature’s form. They can use Bluff as if it were Diplomacy to change their attitudes and receive a +4 racial bonus to do so.

Change Shape (Su): Trickster beasts have three forms. Its natural form is that of the base creature, but it can also assume humanoid or hybrid form as if using a polymorph spell. Changing forms requires a move equivalent action. Equipment does not meld with the new form between human and hybrid forms, but does between those forms and its animal form. In humanoid form, the trickster beast can appear as either gender and any Medium or Small humanoid race. The trickster beast’s humanoid form is more or less fixed, regardless of the race it assumes. A trickster beast masquerading as an elf will be recognizably the same as in human form. Although the creature can make minor cosmetic changes with an effort of will, its appearance remains similar, and when it next transforms, it assumes its habitual form. In hybrid form, the trickster beast is the same size as the base creature or Medium, whichever is larger. It has only a single hybrid form. A trickster beast can use its supernatural abilities in any form and retains its senses. Its ability scores remain constant regardless of form, barring alterations due to size changes.

Weapon Intuition (Ex): Trickster beasts are proficient with all Simple and Martial weapons.

Combat Gear: Leather Armor, Masterwork Rapier
Other Gear:

SPECIAL ABILITIES

Song of Lethargy (Su): When the Wolfwere sings as a standard action, any creature within 60 ft must succeed at a Will save or be slowed for a number of rounds equal to 1d4 + 4 (Wolfwere’s Hit Dice). This is a sonic, mind-affecting effect.
There's always something to lose.

Fraternity of Shadows Discord
https://discord.gg/AM6Kp95ekf
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Wolfwere Pathfinder Stats Attempt

Post by steveflam »

I have a bad memory sometimes. Are wolfweres the ones who if you do not kill them by the end of the round, they heal back to their full hp?
Ryan Naylor
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Wolfwere Pathfinder Stats Attempt

Post by Ryan Naylor »

That's a greater wolfwere, and they don't do that in 3e or later.

It looks more or less right to me by eye.