Dead Man's Campaign
- First Dead Man’s War – 700 BC
- Second Dead Man’s War – 704 BC
- Third Dead Man’s War – 711 BC
- Fourth Dead Man’s War – 722 BC
In each case, the armies of Drakov were turned back by a unending horde of the walking dead. In these horrific battles, Falkovnian soldiers who fall in battle quickly rise as living dead to attempt to slay their former allies.
Falkovnians believe this is because Azalin Rex of Darkon is a necromancer of great power. The Darkonese on the other hand believe that “the dead own the land” and the living are merely occupying it. Consequently, the dead are simply defending what already belongs to them.
- Gazetteer II, p94 says that the Fourth Dead Man's War was the final conflict in the Dead Man's Campaign. It does not refer to the Fifth Invasion as a Dead Man's War.
Data from the Ravenloft Catalogue