Page 64 of 186

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:10 am
by steveflam
ewancummins wrote:Oh, and while we are at it, we can add up XP for first chapter.


Individual by class awards:

Note each thief ability used successfully.
(This only counts if the DM deems the use significant and failure would have carried some kind or risk or posed an obstacle. I might reduce the XP granted if I made the roll easier than normal because it just wasn't so challenging a task.
Multiple uses may or may not count.)

If you are playing a fighter and your guy beat down,subdued, forced, defeated, or just plain killed anybody in a fight, note that. Yes, even if it was in a group combat.
For instance, Van's PC shot a guy in the head and put him into the negatives. That counts. Sniper fu.


If you are playing a thief and your guy swiped or swindled at least a silver piece (equivalent to PHB gold prices, as you recall) during the course of denture out activities, add up how many SP you nabbed.

If you are playing a wizard and you used a spell to solve a problem, note the occasion and purpose of the use, and the level of the spell.

If you are a priest and your guy used any special abilities, like turn undead, note that occasion. If he cast a spell " in ethos" , note that occasion and the level of the spell. If in doubt about ethos, just ask.
In Titus's case, not all healing would necessarily count, but this specific instance of healing a guy to whom a divine omen/augury had directed him DOES count.

Other individual awards:

Beat a foe solo? Note it, and name the foe



There is other stuff, but I will keep that all behind the screen. Group combat awards, story awards, RP awards, etc.
you will each get a PM with XP.
Coolios, big daddy. I'll look it up today and pm you.

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:08 am
by VAN
I will probably do that in a week when I'm back no time now :)

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:10 am
by ewancummins
VAN wrote:I will probably do that in a week when I'm back no time now :)
I'll do it for you this time. I have time.

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:03 am
by alhoon
Ewan, should we write the IC synopsis of the dirty pit fight?

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:25 am
by ewancummins
alhoon wrote:Ewan, should we write the IC synopsis of the dirty pit fight?
Yes, I will let you do that.

Go blow by blow, or a quick description, or however you like. I'd worry more about capturing the flow and spirit of it than all mechanical details.
For me, and YMMV, it's the image of the fat bully fighting the wee gnome--and the FIX--- that is most interesting.

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:11 am
by alhoon
I agree, but I'm pretty tired and... I'm not sure exactly how the fix happened after Fild suggested it with the water and all. Or what followed with the money and how it was passed to him.

So, I would prefer if you actually wrote it making a note how Fild whispered the suggestion ... when he knocked Barth over the head.

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:38 am
by ewancummins
No problem.
Don't forget to sleep.

:azalin:

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:36 pm
by ewancummins
Just to be clear-- that is TWO PENCE EACH

So TOM, FILD, GERTIE= 6 pence.

No fine for the dog.

It may be a good thing you saved money by two of you staying in the Pit.


Check your sheets.

If you can't pay...
There are moneylenders and pawnbroker's agents hovering around the courthouse.
Otherwise, back to the gaol.

You do have money coming from your patron, though, so if you can send somebody to collect that, all is well.

I am going to leave the mechanics and pacing of this rendezvous partly in your hands.

Let's let VARRUS RP some with ADAM.

At some point this morning or midday, the PCs will all meet up again.
That seems to be your general intent.

It could be at the jail.
It might also be at the Admiral's Arms (Aldron's parting instructions, which we glossed over, said to go there as a group to get your advance)

ADVNACE IS 10 SILVER PENNIES PER PC

(Not Titus)

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:55 pm
by steveflam
Okay. Gertie can pay for Mook, no worries

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:55 pm
by ewancummins
If you guys like ( this is entirely in your hands) Barth will join your party for now as a hanger-on. If not, he departs in a friendly fashion. He has taken quite a shine to Fild.
Tom knows why.
VIEW CONTENT:
The gnome's idea for fixed fight made Barth the coin he needed to get out of jail.

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:01 pm
by ewancummins
I may post a bit for NPCs, town description, other events.

But if your general intent is to rendezvous, catch up on last night's events, make quick introductions, and go collect your pay-- you can do that. Lets's keep the timeframe limited to morning through afternoon.
When you guys are all caught up and ready for more developments, let me know.

If you prefer to handle this differently, let me know.

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:03 pm
by steveflam
ewancummins wrote:If you guys like ( this is entirely in your hands) Barth will join your party for now as a hanger-on. If not, he departs in a friendly fashion. He has taken quite a shine to Fild.
Tom knows why.
VIEW CONTENT:
The gnome's idea for fixed fight made Barth the coin he needed to get out of jail.
I vote yes.

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:02 pm
by ewancummins
Oh, and that reminds me...


Social Class


We will intro it now, instead of adding it late in play as in BR.

There are no mechanics involved, really, but it may affect various game social situations.
This is a quickie guideline, NOT a hard rule.
The UA stuff is my baseline, but I do not treat it as universal. Rather,it serves as what it was intended to be: a generic example.



GERTIE
A journeyman thief of humble origins.
LLC

TOM
A half-elf with the skills of a scout and fighting man.
Slightly higher status than his sister.
MLC

FILD
A Gnome from the Ghetto, true, but a fighting-gnome
MLC

ALFONSE
A journeyman Mage from an gentleborn family
MMC


TITUS
Only a minor priest, but still a spellcasting/empowered cleric of one of the more important/popular gods in POVERO
MMC


DAMIEN

as with Gertie

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:07 pm
by ewancummins
What does all this mean within the group? What you wish it to mean.

But outsiders , including ALDRON, will probably fall into treating ALFONSE ( or possibly TITUS, assuming he joins the party) as the leader of your group.

Charisma score also matters, of course! But you guys are mostly in the same range on that.

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Posted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:13 pm
by ewancummins
ALFONSE and TITUS may need to spend a bit more on clothes, accommodations, temple donations, lackeys, etc to sustain their comparatively exalted status.

ALFONSE has already started on that by getting his own private room at the inn, as I recall.