Page 61 of 146

Posted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:18 pm
by Cronax
Lostboy, since you didn't move, you might as well stabilize against the ice.

Posted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:54 pm
by lostboy
ah right, ok well your on my list next turn then.. :oops:
Lostboy, since you didn't move, you might as well stabilize against the ice.
Noted and sorted with a 19 for a healthy +6 :)

Posted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:09 pm
by NeoTiamat
Cronax, I don't count multiple Slowed (Save Ends), seperately. You've got one condition, if you save against it, you're golden. (Otherwise Nicolas would never get de-slowed).

Nathan, are you quite sure about your last roll? I'm looking at my email and it says "Lightning Lure +13, 1 20-sided dice were rolled. The total die roll is 10" which comes out to 23 to hit, which does hit the Weird's Fort 22. Somewhere between my inbox and your post the attack roll dropped by 4. Am I missing something here?

Posted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:13 pm
by NeoTiamat
NeoTiamat wrote:Cronax, I don't count multiple Slowed (Save Ends), seperately. You've got one condition, if you save against it, you're golden. (Otherwise Nicolas would never get de-slowed).
Word of explanation. I hadn't realized they stacked earlier, so some people have gotten a free ride there. Since starting to enforce it now would be a bit unfair to people, you guys get a break this battle.

Later on we will be following the stacking of (save ends) effects.

Posted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:20 pm
by Nathan of the FoS
NeoTiamat wrote:Nathan, are you quite sure about your last roll? I'm looking at my email and it says "Lightning Lure +13, 1 20-sided dice were rolled. The total die roll is 10" which comes out to 23 to hit, which does hit the Weird's Fort 22. Somewhere between my inbox and your post the attack roll dropped by 4. Am I missing something here?
I am, alas, quite sure; +13 is my modifier when using the longsword as a weapon, +9 is my modifier using it as an implement, since I don't get the +3 for weapon proficiency nor the +1 for Heavy Blade Expertise. Lightning Lure falls into the "implement" category, which I had forgotten when filling in the roll information.

Posted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:39 pm
by NeoTiamat
lostboy wrote:nah I used 2 re-rolls to hit a turret back on page 30....what was I thinking....???

Hey just a thought but wjat kind of action does making a heal chekc on Tomas count as? If its a minor I can grant him another save if I make it....

*edit* forget it, its a standard action
Fixed that mistake. Also gave you +3 RT for honesty, so you've just enough RT for a reroll now, should you feel you need one.

Posted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:06 pm
by Cronax
+1 for Heavy Blade Expertise.
You should look into retraining that with Focused Expertise: Longsword.

Posted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:09 pm
by DocBeard
Woo hoo! Nice swing, Kage.

Posted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:17 pm
by Nerit
I am out of range of any enemy and have no Move turn. Who should I heal?

Posted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:52 pm
by Cronax
Healing Word has a range of 5, you can hit Lia, Kerrian or Yourself. One more slip on the ice and Nerit goes down. You need to heal yourself.

Posted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:29 am
by The Whistler
So do we want to take Poincare back alive, or what? I feel like she's due for some interrogation, though that's just my preference

Posted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:58 am
by Rock of the Fraternity
I'm all for taking her alive. We need more information.

Posted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:00 am
by lostboy
I am, alas, quite sure; +13 is my modifier when using the longsword as a weapon, +9 is my modifier using it as an implement, since I don't get the +3 for weapon proficiency nor the +1 for Heavy Blade Expertise. Lightning Lure falls into the "implement" category, which I had forgotten when filling in the roll information.
In Nicholas case his songblade scimitar is both a weapon and an implement, do I then ad the proficency bonus to any use of it as an implement as well? If I do Ive been under rolling every time I think.

For a Cha power with an implment keyword Nicholas standard attack would be:

3 (1/2 lvl) + 4 (Cha) + 2 (magic weapon) + 1 (implment expertise - heavy blades) + 2 (proficiency) = 12

Is that right?

Oh and thanks for the 3RT

Posted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:38 am
by NeoTiamat
lostboy wrote:
I am, alas, quite sure; +13 is my modifier when using the longsword as a weapon, +9 is my modifier using it as an implement, since I don't get the +3 for weapon proficiency nor the +1 for Heavy Blade Expertise. Lightning Lure falls into the "implement" category, which I had forgotten when filling in the roll information.
In Nicholas case his songblade scimitar is both a weapon and an implement, do I then ad the proficency bonus to any use of it as an implement as well? If I do Ive been under rolling every time I think.

For a Cha power with an implment keyword Nicholas standard attack would be:

3 (1/2 lvl) + 4 (Cha) + 2 (magic weapon) + 1 (implment expertise - heavy blades) + 2 (proficiency) = 12

Is that right?
No it isn't. You only add proficiency to Weapon attacks. You have, in fact, been doing it the right way.

Posted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:08 am
by lostboy
ah ok good to know...