Page 58 of 146
Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:19 pm
by Nerit
Yes, well, pardon me for rolling high initiative and getting in range

. I still have 2 dailies and an encounter power left. I have been using an at-will because it's vs Reflex, the elemental's lowest defense. I also still have Second Wind (for myself) and Healing Word.
Look, I'll use Chromatic Orb on the Weird next because it's also against Reflex. But if I roll a 5 it'll be cold damage and completely wasted.
Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:40 pm
by lostboy
After Song of the new dawn and eyebite Im down to at-wills. and only one use of Majestic word left.
I'm also starting to question whetehr we can win this, the old doc seems to have a lot more potential to heal than we do and we havent event touched her minions much. I suspect she can outlast us unless we take her down soon which isnt looking liekly....
Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:55 pm
by Rock of the Fraternity
A suggestion: next round, now that Agale has whittled down Poincare's saves, how about everyone who's capable hit her with the very best attacks they have left? I'll Dimension Door in and hit her and whoever's close to her with that Shock Sphere. How about it? If I aim it right, I can hit the boat in the same attack.
Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:09 pm
by Kaitou Kage
I used all my daily powers and my action point last fight. I have both my encounters, mostly because I just haven't been able to get into melee range yet. Unfortunately, unless I can get enough allies into melee against my target, I'm not going to be doing a tremendous amount of damage.
What round are we on now? 2nd? 3rd? Neither the doctor nor the weird are bloodied yet, which is a bit disheartening and at this point I don't know how much more Nick and Kerrian can keep us going. We'd better focus fire and I can't reach Poincare at all this turn.
If the weird's not bloodied within 10-20 damage from the last round's posting, we may want to consider retreat. Poincare and the weird are both at least Elites. I don't think that we have the resources to take on another Solo, let alone potentially two.
Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:49 pm
by Nerit
The doctor is not in range.
Yeah, I am now aggravated. The rolls said Chromatic Orb missed for 1 damage. Even if I had hit, 3d10+8 only rolled a 12? Yeah, no, that's not even worth rerolling for. I am not going to post until after class.
Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:58 pm
by Rock of the Fraternity
Darnit.

Our first encounter with what seems to be the big bad of the event, and we have to run and hide? How disappointing. Still, run to fight again another day, and all that ...
Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:57 pm
by Cronax
I think we can win this:
I just fired off my last big gun. I've got a daily power left, but its only really worth while if we can get at least 3 enemies next to each other.
I'm guessing most of our opponents have a range of 10. When positioning yourself, try to get somewhere where they at least have to run out onto the ice to attack us. If our less damaged party members go to the fore, we should be all right. While not as damaged as
Try and focus on Poincare if you can, or the Elemental if you can't. Although we haven't bloodied anyone, they seem to have expended most of their encounter powers as well. Once those two go down, the cultists may even be willing to surrender.
I'd prefer we didn't sink the dinghy. I'd like to see what all they've been filling it with.
Nerit, the great thing about Chromatic Orb is that it doesn't matter too much if you hit or miss. On a hit, it does 3d10+cha+implement+dex damage and a status effect. On a miss it does 1d10+implement+dex damage and a status effect. Losing 2d10+cha damage isn't good, but the major benefits of the power still work.
Also, while the elemental is resistant to cold, it probably isn't immune (Very few 4e monsters are), which means that any cold based status effects will still work on it.
Doc, you are grabbed and it looks like you haven't used your move action this round. You can use it to try and break free of the Elemental's grab. (Athletics vs its Fortitude or Acrobatics vs its Reflex)
Neo, if you would be so kind as to say which defense our enemies are attacking when they do so? Its not always clear by the fluff text.
Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:03 pm
by Kaitou Kage
I double-checked the weird and realized I might have hit without needing to expend the reroll. Got a 13 and a 23 on my first set of rolls. I am guessing I have the combat advantage from the Dazed? I would like a GM to clarify this for me so I know whether to go roll damage or go kick some puppies to relieve my irritation.
Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:21 pm
by The Whistler
I still have all my encounters and a daily item power left, mostly since I didn't want to waste them while my attack bonus was reduced from being Restrained. I'll whack the weird this turn and focus on Poincare next.
Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:37 pm
by Nerit
Cronax wrote:Nerit, the great thing about Chromatic Orb is that it doesn't matter too much if you hit or miss. On a hit, it does 3d10+cha+implement+dex damage and a status effect. On a miss it does 1d10+implement+dex damage and a status effect. Losing 2d10+cha damage isn't good, but the major benefits of the power still work.
Except when I miss the attack, and the "Miss" 1d10 = 1 dmg.
Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:38 pm
by The Whistler
Also, I'm using Cyrus' attack reroll--it means I actually successfully attack the weird

Will post later tonight with things exploding.
Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:54 pm
by Kaitou Kage
The Whistler wrote:Also, I'm using Cyrus' attack reroll--it means I actually successfully attack the weird

Will post later tonight with things exploding.
Enjoy the successful hit!
Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:13 pm
by Cronax
Except when I miss the attack, and the "Miss" 1d10 = 1 dmg.
You do still add your implement and your dexterity modifier though.
Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:16 pm
by Nerit
...So, 5 damage.Yeah.
Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:20 pm
by Rock of the Fraternity
Every single point of damage helps, Nerit. Any one could be the last at any moment.